Trader Joe’s is Gen-Z paradise. It’s the flavors we want and the packaging we want, all at the price we want. Usually, I would cringe at the idea of identifying with something that is factually categorized as belonging to Gen-Z, but I’ll make an exception for ‘ol Joe

And, for the holidays, Trader Joe’s is giving us even more of what we want. Trader Joe’s has brought back the iconic mystery bags!

What’s the Trader Joe's mystery bag?

A TikTok from Alisha Perry (@alishacperry on TikTok) shows you exactly why you should be psyched about this news. Each mystery bag is only $3 and includes 3 reusable Trader Joe’s shopping bags that each have a theme based on one of the 50 U.S. states. If you have a special affinity for one state or another, the mystery bags are a great little gift for yourself. And, even if you don’t know the state you’ll get, the designs are still super cute.

“I don’t know sh-t about Idaho, but…I’m thrilled!” Perry said, after seeing the colorful design on one of her mystery bags.

Another user, Emily Philpott (@emm.r.p) filmed another unboxing, where she and her friend got a wide variety of states: Ohio, Louisiana, Pennsylvania, Washington, Delaware, and more. Here you can see all the cute state-themed designs on the bags, like a red liberty bell on Pennsylvania’s, and a festive trumpets on Louisiana's.

“For $2.99, what a steal,” her friend said. “This Philly bag is my new purse.”

She’s absolutely right — these bags are perfect for not only grocery shopping, but also as a purse, an overnight bag, a bag to smuggle food from the dining hall…if you can dream it, these 100% polypropylene bags can do it!

For a little bit of a holiday surprise that doesn’t break the bank, these mystery bags are lovely! They are available in Trader Joe’s locations everywhere for $2.99 each, but act quickly — they’re quite popular, and people are purchasing them in bulk!