Spoon University Logo
tacobellnewitem
tacobellnewitem
News

Taco Bell’s Cheesy Street Chalupas Are Back

Taco Bell has been on a roll with new releases lately, but its newest might be the most exciting for longtime foodies. Starting today, the chain has brought the Cheesy Street Chalupas nationwide, along with a flurry of new, exciting deals. These Chalupas had been tested back in October 2023 at select locations, and the public liked them enough to finally push them into widespread stores.

What’s new about this Chalupa?

As evidenced by the name, the Cheesy Street Chalupas are meant to emulate a street taco. TB describes the product on the app as “marinated, grilled steak and fresh cilantro & onions in a cheese-filled shell.” However, the steak isn’t your only option, as you can also get it with Taco Bell’s new Cantina Chicken inside. Each order comes in a bundle of two.

Cheesy Street Chalupas
Photo courtesy of Taco Bell

This is a fun shake-up from its last Chalupa on the menu — the Naked Chicken Chalupa. This was a more controversial product, considering it had no shell. Instead, the outside was replaced by a giant chicken patty, folded around the typical taco ingredients. This cheesier option already sounds more palatable to me, personally.

So what are the new, exclusive deals?

The Chalupa is supposedly only in stores for a limited time, although no specific timeframe has been given to the public. However, Taco Bell wants as many customers as possible to try the snack. If you order $25 or more of Taco Bell delivery on the app, you get a free Chalupa duo! Further, if you’re a DashPass member and order $25 or more of Taco Bell on DoorDash, including the new Chalupa, you get $8 off your order.

No matter how you get it, it’s clear that Taco Bell wants customers to get its hands on the Chalupa. The marketing is definitely working, and I can’t wait to grab one for myself.

Izzy Astuto (he/they) is a writer currently majoring in Creative Writing at Emerson College, with a specific interest in screenwriting. His work has previously been published by Hearth and Coffin, Sage Cigarettes, and The Gorko Gazette, amongst others. He is currently a reader for journals such as PRISM international and Alien Magazine. You can find more of their work on their website, at https://izzyastuto.weebly.com/. Their Instagram is izzyastuto2.0 and Twitter is adivine_tragedy.