This summer has quite literally been the hottest summer we have ever seen. Not only does this mean that I need to be within three miles of a body of water at all times, but I refuse to create or consume extra heat. I'll be working out inside, only making foods that don't require the oven or stove, and, of course, exclusively ordering iced beverages when I need a caffeine boost. And lucky for me (and you), Starbucks is rewarding me for that.

What is the Starbucks discount on cold drinks?

Now through August 9, you can get an unheard of discount on your Starbucks cold drink order. The promotion is called WinsDays. Every Wednesday after 12 p.m., you can get 50% off your cold drink. That includes the new frozen lemonade refresher, the iced vanilla cold brew with sweet cream, or a frappaccino. If it's cold, it counts.

Photo via Starbucks

How do I get the Starbucks discount on cold drinks?

If you haven't already, download the Starbucks app to your phone. Then, sign up for the rewards program, which you can do in the app. From there, just wait until Wednesday, and the Summer WinsDay coupon should be available. 

We should consider ourselves extra lucky to get such an amazing discount on our Starbucks cold beverages. In years past, the WinsDays deal was only 25% off cold drinks. So hurry on over to Starbucks, and treat yourself.