Spoon University Logo
olipopnewflavor
olipopnewflavor
News

OLIPOP Has A New Flavor & College Students Get A First Taste

Beloved soda alternative, OLIPOP, has consistently been upping the game with its marketing. The brand has always taken a very grassroots approach, wanting consumers to fall in love with the product and spread the word on their own. Most recently, OLIPOP did a collab with the iconic Barbie movie, releasing a Peaches & Cream flavor. Now, its debuting an exclusive new drink, first revealed to college students through OLIPOP University.

What is OLIPOP University?

OLIPOP University is a way for college students to get a special chance to try new flavors before the general public. Specifically for this flavor, students can go to the OLIPOP University page to enter for a chance to win 100 cans of the newest drink. You read that right — 100 cans! The campaign is based on the joys of going back to school; getting to make new friends and reunite with old ones. The 100 cans are intended to be shared with your classmates and college organizations.

25,000 cans will be given away in total, meaning you absolutely have a decent chance of winning. The giveaway will be open from August 1 to August 15, and all you have to do is fill out your basic information. This is only available to college students. The flavor will be released nationwide on September 1, though, so if you’re not a college student or don’t end up winning the giveaway, you’ll get your own chance to try it soon enough!

OLIPOP
Photo courtesy of Olipop

What is this new flavor?

The flavor name itself will be revealed first to the college students who win this giveaway. That’s right — it seems like it won’t be released to the public until all winners have received their prize. However, what we know about the flavor now is that it’s a “refreshing taste on a cult-favorite soda classic”. It’ll contain lemon, lime, and orange juices. I can only assume that this is a reinvention of a classic Sprite, with OLIPOP’s own unique spin.

On top of OLIPOP’s usual formula, the drink also has natural caffeine, meant to provide a less harmful alternative to energy drinks for the beginning of the semester. As someone who is actively drinking an energy drink while writing this, I always appreciate alternatives that don’t have the same long term negative effects. If this means OLIPOP will someday release its own line of health-conscious energy drinks, I know I’ll be first in line to try! 

Izzy Astuto (he/they) is a writer currently majoring in Creative Writing at Emerson College, with a specific interest in screenwriting. His work has previously been published by Hearth and Coffin, Sage Cigarettes, and The Gorko Gazette, amongst others. He is currently a reader for journals such as PRISM international and Alien Magazine. You can find more of their work on their website, at https://izzyastuto.weebly.com/. Their Instagram is izzyastuto2.0 and Twitter is adivine_tragedy.