There’s nothing quite so magical as the mixture of cheese, salt, and carbohydrates. In fact, as a Wisconsinite, that’s all I consumed for the first 16 years of my life. It’s a great way to grow up. So, parents, you should thank the pizza scientists at Little Caesars, because now your kids can experience the ultimate cheese, salt, and carb concoction. What’s more, you’ll only need to consume a few Tums tablets to enjoy the wonders of the pretzel crust pizza.

What? Pretzel crust pizza?

I’m ashamed to admit that I did not meet the pretzel crust pizza with an open mind back in February 2019. I was horrified when I arrived at my friend’s house for a Golden Girls watch party and found that inside the pizza box, the holiest box in the world, was a pretzel mutant in the shape of a pizza. How could my friend betray my trust? Surely, this was all a joke, a friendship-ending joke. But, I stopped myself. Wasn’t I told every day growing up never to judge a pizza by its crust? You bet your butt I was. So, in a moment of utmost courage, I gave the pretzel crust pizza a shot, and, let’s just say, all my preconceived notions were shattered. Now, don’t even think of giving me a pizza without a pretzel crust, or I may just break into song at your place of work.

How to get Little Caesars’ pretzel crust pizza

Photo provided by Little Caesar’s

On March 27th, for $6.99, this pretzel crust-cheese-sauce-mozzarella-muenster-pepperoni-covered pizza is yours to purchase. Given the immense and intense Little Caesars’ pretzel crust fan base, you better get your orders ready. There will likely be fights to the death. At least, I would wager my life for a pretzel crust pizza (don’t try me).

How to make a copycat pretzel crust pizza at home

To be honest, the $6.99 cost of the pizza means that it’s probably cheaper to buy the pizza than make it at home. That said, what if you’ve been snowed in and need a pretzel pizza immediately or things are going to get Shining-level crazy? That’s where this copycat Little Caesars’ pretzel crust pizza recipe comes in. All you need is pizza dough, queso, shredded cheddar cheese, pepperoni, and butter.