Spring is finally here! The new season brings in a feeling of rejuvenation alongside warmer weather and lush outdoors. And with the spring flowers blooming and animals coming out of hibernation, you do, too!

While today marks new beginnings for many, it's not only the first day of spring. It is also a great day for ice cream lovers.

Where can I get free ice cream today?

Two national restaurant chains, Dairy Queen and Rita’s Italian Ice & Frozen Custard, have all-day promotions that are bound to sprout happiness for people with a sweet tooth.

How can I get free ice cream at Dairy Queen?

Dairy Queen is giving away one small vanilla soft serve ice cream during their business hours, typically between 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., with no purchase necessary. What better way to start the new season than with a free ice cream cone?

“We like to think of Free Cone Day as the beginning of our favorite season — treat season!” Maria Hokanson, executive vice president for marketing at American Dairy Queen Corporation, said in a statement.

How can I get free ice cream at Rita’s?

But Dairy Queen is not the only one celebrating in spring with a sweet treat. Rita’s celebrates 31 years of their spring giveaway this year.

Rita’s Italian Ice & Frozen Custard is offering free Italian ice during the day between 12 p.m. and 9 p.m., and they have a new delicious flavor available to anyone who comes in — gummy bear.

Both chains only offer this promotion in store with a limit of one free item per person while supplies last.