It’s pretty well known that on one’s birthday, there are a multitude of freebies and discounts that can be gifted by food brands. Content creators on TikTok have even spent the day showcasing all the foods they have been gifted just for being reward members. But what about when it is the restaurant and fast food chain’s birthday? In May, Jack in the Box celebrated Jack Box’s, aka the "CEO" of the chain, birthday with a weeklong of celebratory freebies ranging from drinks to sandwiches to shakes. When Burger King turned 70 in June, the fast food chain hosted a week-long birthday blowout full of discounts, giveaways, and the introduction of the Birthday Pie Slice. Today, Krispy Kreme turns 87 years old, and, of course, the doughnut chain is celebrating with discounted Original Glazed dozens. 

How to celebrate Krispy Kreme’s birthday the right way.

It's mandatory to get doughnuts in honor of the occassion. As the doughnut chain celebrates its 87th birthday, Krispy Kreme is offering its Original Glaze dozens for just 87 cents with the purchase of any dozen (including the 16-count minis) at regular price.

This offer is only available today, July 12, at participating U.S. Krispy Kreme store locations and is subject to availability. Customers who want in on the celebration, need to use the promo code BDAY to get their 87 cent dozen. According to the Terms and Conditions, there is a limit of acquiring four discounted dozens in-store and drive-throughs as well as a limit of one discounted dozen online for pickup and delivery.

The 87-cent dozen offer cannot be redeemed at grocery stores, convenience stores, or McDonald’s locations.