Thanks to my high school English teacher, Mr. Potter, I saw the “Summertime Sadness” music video back in 2017. Ever since Lana Del Rey and Taylor Swift have been the duo solely responsible for my exquisite mental health (“Snow on the Beach” was obviously a big deal for me). Lately, I’ve queued up the album Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd on all my sanity-saving walks, and thanks to Lana Del Rey I’ve never once reached a state of postgraduate mental-combustion. And yet, it’s what happened this past week that’s ensured my life-long devotion to Lana Del Rey. Because, after several sightings around Alabama, Lana Del Rey was found working a shift at the Florence Waffle House singing “Amazing Grace” with an elderly customer. I’m not crying, you are!

Lana Del Rey works at Waffle House? If you think this sounds insane, you’re not alone. Even the people who showed up at the Florence Waffle House and walked away with photos and signatures from Lana Del Rey couldn’t believe it. Thankfully, they posted video evidence all over TikTok, so if you think I’m losing my mind, you can put your trust in five adorable and informative videos of Lana Del Rey working at the Florence Waffle House.

Ellie Goulding, how could you?

“White Dress” in Real life?

Mother needs us

You gotta do what you gotta do

This one because it reminds me of the SNL Waffle House sketch

Is this Lana Del Rey calling back to the song “White Dress” and the line “When I was a waitress wearing a white dress, look how I do this, look how I got this, I was a waitress working the night shift” or can we expect a new music video for the album Did you know that there’s a tunnel under Ocean Blvd? Your guess is as good as mine. All I know is, the promise of more Lana Del Rey is “all I’ve got to keep myself sane, baby.”