Spoon University Logo
chipotle and wonderskin
chipotle and wonderskin
News

Chipotle & Wonderskin Made A Burrito-Proof Lip Product

Ever heard of the term “eat your lipstick?” It’s when you have lipstick or a gloss on and while eating, the lippie fades or stains your utensil (most commonly your straw). This requires one to reapply the lip product. Chipotle collaborated with Wonderskin, an award-winning cosmetics brand known for its TikTok-viral lip stain, to introduce a guac and burrito-proof lip stain called ‘Lipotle’ just in time to celebrate National Avocado Day. ‘Lipotle’ marks Wonderskin’s first major brand collaboration in the company’s fast-growing four-year history. It’s safe to say that Chipotle and Wonderskin are a duo we didn’t know we needed. 

The lip product isn’t the only news from Chipotle, the fast food brand is also a free guac for Chipotle fans on Wednesday. 

First things first, here’s how to get free guac at Chipotle.

In honor of National Avocado Day, Chipotle fans can enjoy a free topping or side of guac on Wednesday, July 31 with promo code AVO2024 on the Chipotle app or the fast food chain’s website. In the U.S. and Canada, guests must be enrolled in Chipotle Rewards to participate.

What’s Chipotle and Wonderskin’s new lip product? 

Chipotle & Wonderskin
Photo from Chipotle and Wonderskin

Chipotle has entered its beauty era. The fast food chain and Wonderskin collabed on the burrito-proof lip stain, ‘Lipotle’ and quite frankly, it’s a genius idea. 

“With the popularity of mukbangs on social media, we noticed our fans are in need of a smudge-proof lip stain to enjoy their Chipotle on-the-go,” said Stephanie Perdue, Vice President of Brand Marketing, Chipotle. “We teamed up with Wonderskin to create the most iconic guac and foil-inspired lip stain ahead of National Avocado Day.”

Wonderskin’s commitment to cruelty-free and vegan products greatly aligns with Chipotle’s mission to Cultivate a Better World through craveable food that is raised responsibly. 

The limited-edition lip product is a kit featuring green Wonder Blading Peel and Reveal Lip Stain that launches on Tuesday, July 30. The ‘Lipotle’ Wonder Blading Lip Stain Kit retails for $29, with free shipping available in the U.S. only.

How does the Lipotle work?

It’s a pretty simple process. 

Apply two to three thick coats of the ‘Lipotle’ Lip Stain Masque like a lip gloss, making sure your lips are completely covered and no skin is visible. It’s an easy product to apply with the masque’s applicator, which feels cool on the lips, gliding smoothly revealing a green metallic color. The masque has a very subtle and almost fruity scent.

Chipotle & Wonderskin
Photo from Giselle Medina

The directions state to let the green masque set for 30 seconds, but for a bolder color, wait 60 seconds. I️ left the masque for a much longer time almost two minutes. In my mind, the longer you leave a li️p stain, the more saturated the lip color will be.

Then, spray the Wonder Blading Activator onto the masque twice. This is supposed to help seal in the pigments so they do not fade or smudge for up to 10 hours of “mess-free burrito enjoyment.” 

Now to the peeling. I️ was hoping for a satisfying peel, but I️ was more so flakes coming off when I️ pursed my lips to get the masque to crack. Since I️ couldn’t peel, I️ opted to use the brown cloth resembling a Chipotle napkin, to wipe off the masque. The lip masque revealed a gorgeous nude rose color. Since I️ left the masque for longer, the rose tone was amplified, which I’m not mad about. I️ love the color that was produced. The masque also softened my lips and was very smooth to the touch. 

And most importantly, does not transfer. ‘Lipotle’ is burrito-proof! 

‘Lipotle’ will be available on wonderskin.com and eu.wonderskin.com for fans in the U.S., U.K., and Canada starting Tuesday, July 30 at 9 a.m. PDT/12 p.m. EST.

Giselle Medina is the associate editor for Spoon University where she helps oversee food coverage of news, pop culture, trends, and celebrities. As someone with a huge sweet tooth, she's always on the hunt for a good chocolate chip cookie. Shoot her an email at gisellemedina@hercampus.com or follow her @giselle_medinaa.