According to a recent Insider Food report, Chick-fil-A fans are wondering whether the chicken chain is making their fries smaller or downsizing their fry portions. To say the least, the Reddit threads about Chick-fil-A fries are chock-full of displeased people. 

Are the Chick-fil-A portions of fries smaller or are the fries shrinking?

Reddit user Strawberryleafsss shared a photo of their large fries filled halfway. Another user, OSRS_Rising, responded that the fries shrink in size due to the steam released in the bag.

While crispy fries may change their shape in the presence of moisture, some Reddit users are unconvinced this is a good explantion. User harohelu said, "This is always the most ridiculous explanation to me. I can see convincing a toddler of this, but grown *ss adults know that fries don’t magically shrink within a couple minutes. Do they settle a bit in the container, sure, but shrink? Lol."

Reddit user Achickfilaemployee shares that "if this has happened to you, please tell us. They could be stressed and didn’t mean to do that. It also could have been a rush. They will happily replace them for you if u ask."

So, if the restaurant isn't swamped, feel free to kindly ask for an exchange of your Chick-fil-A fries.

Buyers have noticed changes in Chick-fil-A fries before.

This is not the first time Chick-fil-A caused some fries purchasers to take to social media. TikTok user Ramis noodles posted a video showing how the same fry portion fits in the small, medium, and large boxes in almost the exact same way. 

In fact, some users noticed that the medium and large fries are essentially the same volume. Sometimes, the large box isn't even filled to the top.

Keep in mind, the employees working at Chick-fil-A are underpaid and overworked, and often operating very quickly. Sometimes mistakes happen. Be kind to your fast food workers and direct your anger to the well-paid individuals at the top.