While we were feasting our eyes on the amazing gowns, suits, and cat-themed fits sported on the Met Gala 2023 carpet, the stars were chowing down on some, let’s say “interesting” eats.

What was on the Met Gala menu?

According to Vogue, the Met Gala menu consisted of “chilled spring pea soup with baby vegetables, lemon crème fraîche, and truffle snow, followed by Ōra King salmon with vegetable nage, asparagus, pickled strawberries, and radish—all served on vintage china.”

Now, this is very much giving the menu from The Menu. IYKYK. Twitter had a lot to say about the fancy, yet sparse courses. I mean, you are really including "truffle snow" on a plate?

Twitter reactions to the Met Gala menu

One Twitter user asked, “What is this crime against food???”

Another user said they would have ducked out of the event to get pasta. Honestly, same. 

And this user just said the Met Gala menu “sounds disgusting?”

Chick-fil-A at the Met Gala

Attendee Teyana Taylor had the right idea when she snuck Chick-fil-A into the event, dipping sauce and all. Say what you will, but at least she didn’t leave still hungry.

For an event ticket retailing at around $50,000, as reported by Parade, you’d expect a Hogwarts-level feast, right?

The one saving grace, it seems, is that the party had a wealth of wine and Diet Coke, in honor of the late fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, who inspired the event’s 2023 theme.

Admittedly, I would eat this and be happy with the time and energy put into each dish. However, I certainly did love eating my Wingstop as I watched Lil Nas X shake his cute butt on the carpet during the Vogue Met Gala live stream.