Spoon University Logo
Lifestyle

You Need To Plan A Visit To These Food-Inspired Airbnbs

Updated Published

Staying in an Airbnb instead of a hotel can save money when traveling as a family or with a group of friends. But what can make the stay even more fun is the location or theme of the house. I mean, why else would you want to stay inside a potato in Idaho? Whether you are a foodie or not, these 7 food-themed Airbnbs will have you asking for vacation time off.

1. Big Idaho Potato Hotel

If you love eating Idaho potatoes, you’ll love staying in this cozy room for two. This potato has traveled to over 40 states over seven years as it was a part of the Big Idaho Potato Tour. Now, it resides in Idaho farmland just south of Boise. This 400-acre getaway includes a private, stylish suite with a custom-built bed, old records to jam out to, a customized silo, and the fuzziest jersey cow. The silo offers a luxury spa where you can look at the star while soaking.

2. Cocoa Casa

Who doesn’t love chocolate? This chocolate maker’s Airbnb includes two beds and one bath. The whole space is inspired by the cacao bean and is truly delightful. Showcasing artwork throughout, the casa highlights the bean in all its beauty. Starting with the bean’s history on the farm to its delicious form today. The space is clean and simple, perfect for any getaway. The apartment also offers a variety of chocolates to all guests from the next-door shop, Poppy and Peep Chocolate. This property also offers blackout curtains, a full washer and dryer, and is just three miles from downtown Nashville.

3. La Redonda

This tiny house in Mexico is perfect for the mushroom-loving girlies. La Redonda is shaped like a big mushroom and is inspired by nature’s true beauty. Focused on decreasing ecological footprint, this space is perfect for those wanting to disconnect and escape from the world by coexisting with nature. Bringing harmony to the mind, body, and soul. Located in Jalpan de Serra, a small town in the center of Mexico, the tiny house is near the historic center of Jalpan’s magical village showcasing amazing natural beauty. This property also offers garden use and multiple wellness services at extra costs, including a sauna, breakfast, energy balance, bike rentals, and natural products.

4. The Nut House

This is a dream house for anyone who loves the outdoors. Guests will get to sleep in a one-of-a-kind acorn that is fully immersed into nature. This getaway is located in Aubrey, Texas and is just a short drive to downtown Denton, Texas, allowing a full nature experience while being close to the city. On the porch, birds can be heard singing while the creek is gently flowing downstream. With 15 acres of land, there is a lot of room for outdoor adventures, including fishing and hiking. There is even a fire pit outside. Inside the loft, there is one bed and a kitchenette. The space is small but has everything needed for a relaxing vacation. The bathroom is located down a lit path. Offering a rain shower and a vanity, it’ll surely bring a peaceful abundance.

5. Krka Magic Pumpkin

If you love a good fairytale, this is the place for you. This property offers a small pumpkin cottage near the Krka National Park in Croatia. At this tiny home are two beds and one bath, A dining table, apple tree, playset, as well as a wishing well with the Smurfs greeting the guests. The space provided is small but perfect for a holiday getaway with the family or with friends. This unforgettable escape is located in the village of Rupe and is only two miles away from the local beach.

6. Elegant Modern Villa With Candyland-Themed Bedroom

This elegant and classy stay offers guests a Spanish-style exterior with a modern interior. The rental property includes four bedrooms and four baths, each room complete with its bathroom and flat-screen TV. The sweetest part of the whole mansion is the Candyland-themed bedroom that has a twisty slide. Including a KitKat closet, sleeping in a gingerbread house, and walls covered in delicious sweets, this room is perfect for anyone who has a sweet tooth. Guests also have access to a spacious patio, various pools, a home theater, a PS4 game console, golf courses, tennis courses, and a fully-equipped fitness area. Located 12 minutes away from Disney World, it’s perfect for any family vacation.

7. The McFly

Who loves the 80s? This space in Dallas offers a time portal into the 1980s. It features a Ninja Turtle arcade and Nintendo, plus an epic cereal bar. Offering an all-you-can-eat cereal buffet makes it a perfect stay for a foodie. This space is ideal for a fun getaway, from the diner-inspired booth to the paint on the walls and the decoration throughout. This rental unit includes two bedrooms, one bath, and a cheeseburger play structure in the back. Guests have the bottom half of the duplex to themselves, the porch and the backyard are the only shared spaces. Even if you weren’t a kid in the 80s, this space will have you feeling rad.