Winter is a beautiful time. You can play in the snow, you can drink as much hot chocolate as you want, and you are always able to be wrapped in blankets or comfy sweaters. However, the last thing I want to do is get dressed up in cute, revealing, clothes and go out at night! 

No one will admit it, but there are about a hundred things that everyone would rather do than walk outside and go to a bar or frat party in the middle of the winter. Here are six of them:

1) Watch Netflix 

When is there ever a time when you don't want to be in your bed watching Netflix.

2) Game and wine night

Grab some friends and a bottle (or three) of wine and have a game night!  Try playing Cards Agains Humanity or Charade. I promise you won't regret it. 

*Beer can be a substitute 

(Spoon University does not encourage drinking games.) 

3) Laundry

You haven't had time to do it these last few weeks and you're on your last pair of clean underwear. A cold winter night on a Friday or Saturday is a perfect time to do it. All the washers and driers in your dorm will be available! 

4) Sleep

We're all college students and we all do a million things and are a part of a hundred organizations. We all need sleep. By the time your apartment mates are done with their pregaming and are ready to go out, you're ready to go to bed. It's the perfect time to catch up on sleep and reboot for the upcoming week.

5) Netflix and Chill

Cuddle up with your significant other ( or a box of pizza) and keep each other warm during the freezing cold winter.

6) Bake, Wine, and Netflix

There is nothing better than a low key night with friends, homemade baked goods, wine, and Netflix.

Never feel pressured to go out if you don't want to. The biggest secret during the winter is that no one wants to go out. Everyone can agree that they want to see their friends, but they aren't willing to if it is 10 degrees out. In that case, invite your friends over and enjoy a night in together! I promise, you won't regret it. 

What is your favorite way to spend a night in?