It's that time of year again. Another Hallmark holiday that is filled with love letters, chocolate, and presents. However, Valentine's Day isn't just a special occasion for those that are in a relationship. The latest trend is Galentine's Day. 

So what even is Galentine's Day? Adapted from the popular television series Parks and Recreation, Galentine's Day is when a group of girls decide to celebrate Valentine's Day together. The holiday can pretty much be celebrated in any way, whether it's going out to a nice dinner with your gal pals, getting each other cute presents, or binge watching love stories on Netflix.

All college girls should celebrate Galentine's Day and here's why:

1. It's a great way to spend time with your friends.

champagne, wine
Isabella Nardone

College can be overwhelming. It can be hard to balance busy schedules filled with school work and extracurriculars, so finding time to spend some quality time with your friends can sometimes be hard. Get together for Galentine's Day to remind your friends just how much you love and appreciate them. 

2. It's an excuse to go to your favorite restaurant.

spaghetti, vegetable, sauce, penne, pasta, carb
Caroline Ingalls

The dining hall and on-campus food can get boring and isn't always all that good. Going out for a nice dinner is a great escape that obviously comes with some delicious food. Grab your friends and head off campus to your favorite restaurant for some good food and company. 

3. Who doesn't love gifts?

rose

Galentine's Day is the perfect time to get your closest friends some great gifts. Classic Valentine's Day presents include teddy bears, flowers, and chocolate ... lots of chocolate. Everyone loves presents so why not have a gift swap to remind your friends just how much you love them.