I can confidently say that brunch is the best meal of all time. When else is it socially acceptable to eat sweet french toast and crispy bacon with a side of mimosas? Answer: never, because brunch is literally the best meal ever. If you also use *brunch* as a verb, you are probably looking for the best brunch in every state.

Alabama: Five Bar

Whether you're looking for a build your own Bloody Mary or a basic avo toast, Five Bar in Tuscaloosa has got you covered. May I add that each mimosa is only $3?!? I am freaking shook.  

Alaska: Snow City Cafe

If you can't decide what type of benedict to order, get the B.O.B. (the Best of Both Benedicts) for a mix of Canadian Ham for some meat and spinach for some ~healthy~. Snow City Cafe has been voted the "Best Breakfast" in Anchorage since 2003, so you know it's legit. 

Arizona: OHSO Brewery

OHSO is both a nano-brewery and a brunch locale in Phoenix, and it truly thrives at both. Classic brunch is served with a 10 oz beer or mimosa, of course, and you gotta get the fruity pebble french toast. 

Arkansas: At The Corner

This classy diner in Little Rock is full of locally grown, fresh ingredients and an entire board of cereals. Yes, I'm not kidding on that last thing. 

California: Superba Food + Bread

Superba recognizes that brunch constitutes many different flavors, so they divide their menu into categories: toasty, breakfasty, and lunchy. Order the kale toast or the grain bowl with runny eggs and avocado if you're trying to get into the California vibes. 

Colorado: Snooze 

Snooze knows that decisions are legit the hardest thing about brunch, so they let you order a pancake flight. Choose three pancakes from such flavors as peanut butter cup, blueberry, and key lime pie and embrace brunch fully.  

Connecticut: The Granola Bar

With locations in Greenwich, Westport, and Stamford, The Granola Bar is never far with some healthy brunch options. Or you can also do what I do and order the Challah Back sandwich loaded and grilled with Nutella and bananas and tell yourself you're eating clean. I mean, there are salads on the menu, so I'm surrounded by those green good vibes, right? 

Delaware: The Perfect Blend

Located in the heart of University of Delaware, The Perfect Blend offers the perfect hangover cure: Belgian Liege Waffles. These babies are prepared with vanilla and sugar pearls for a sweeter crust, and they can be topped with just about any sweet or savory treat you can think of. 

Florida: Michael's Genuine Food & Drink

You're looking at a legit kimchi eggs benedict with crispy pork belly right now, and if your mouth is not watering we are no longer friends. All of Michael's Genuine Food and Drink ingredients are seasonal, so you know you're gonna get the freshest bites. 

Georgia: BeetleCat

You're never too old for your brunch to be dedicated to doughnuts, and BeetleCat does this doughy treat best. 

Hawaii: Koko Head Cafe

Koko Head Cafe serves up a breakfast style Bibimbap with bacon, sausage, fried eggs, mushrooms, and more yummy treats for the perfect brunch twist on your fave Korean eat. If you're looking for something more sweet, get Elvis's Revenge which combines peanut butter and bacon tempura. 

Idaho: a'Tavola

a'Tavola is a classy af food market (think major Dean & Deluca vibes, but in Idaho), and they serve up a killer Saturday brunch. 

Illinois: Kanela Breakfast Club

With six locations in Chicago, Kanela Breakfast Club is the perfect go-to brunch spot for some locally sourced, Greek inspired goodness. I'm partial to the challah bread Crunchy French Toast, but they are also known for their Monkey Bread.

Indiana: Milktooth

Milktooth changes the brunch game by putting a modern twist on the classic breakfast pancake. Their Dutch Baby Pancakes are filled with such toppings as red raspberries, potatoes, and cheese for an elevated breakfast experience.

Iowa: Dixie Quicks

At Dixie Quicks, you get a combo of Southern cooking with some Tex-Mex and Cajun influences. I'd def recommend getting the Sexual Chocolate Pancakes (yes, that's the name), which are whipped up with bananas, walnuts, chocolate chips, and chocolate syrup. 

Kansas: Urban Table

You're gonna want to start off with some grilled doughnuts topped with bacon praline syrup for the table at Urban Table. If you're looking to be a little more healthy, order up some oatmeal pancakes. 

Kentucky: Wild Eggs

With locations in Louisville, Lexington, and Bowling Green, Wild Eggs should always be your go-to for a classic Southern brunch in Kentucky. That Cinnamon Roll is prepared with croissant pastry dough and filled with butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon for a sweet breakfast treat. 

Louisiana: Willa Jean

Willa Jean is classic New Orleans with the build your own biscuit. Choose from fried chicken, sausage gravy, chicken sausage, and some classic jam for a Southern treat. You also must end the meal with the milk and cookies— it's literally half of their Insta location page and I want it all. 

Maine: East Ender

If you're looking for a classic Maine-style eat, check out the Maine Lobster Melt with Bacon Jam. East Ender also offers a daily doughnut and some rum raisin banana bread, so your sweet tooth will be satisfied. 

Maryland: Bond Street Social

Get social at the largest Bloody Mary bar in Baltimore. With over 100 add-ons, you'll never get bored at Bond Street Social. Their eggs benedict is also prepared on some Southern biscuits, so ya know the food is also bomb af. 

Massachusetts: Stephanie's on Newbury

Yes, Stephanie's is basic af, but it's a classic. It's got the perfect location for people watching after shopping on Newbury Street, and their Bloody Mary's are legit goals (ask for the separate Bloody Mary menu and stack that baby to your heart's desire). 

Michigan: Zingerman's Deli

Sue me, Zingerman's is not "brunch food," but it's a fucking institution in the state of Michigan. When I toured University of Michigan with my mom (and a proud Michigan alum), I ate at Zingerman's for almost every meal, and the perfect farm rye bread taste is still imprinted in my brain. So yes, I'm gonna tell you to eat brunch at a deli, and you're gonna love it. 

Minnesota: Spoon and Stable

The crepe cake at Spoon and Stable is only $6, and the restaurant is run by a James Beard winning chef. In the wise words of Tina Fey, "I want to go to there." 

Mississippi: Another Broken Egg

Another Broken Egg delivers classic Southern breakfast noms and some insanely good drunch options. Get the Apple Pie Mimosa or Smokey Sriracha Bloody Mary if you want a funky boozy treat. 

Missouri: Brasserie by Niche

This classic French bistro in St. Louis is perfect for your favorite brunch staples made bougie. Even though you're not in New Orleans, be sure to order the beignets to start.

Montana: Caffé Dolce

All my New York bagel snobs gotta sit down because the everything bagel flatbread at Caffé Dolce is freaking lit. If you're feeling a bit more classic, I'd recommend the orange mascarpone french toast

Nebraska: First Watch

First Watch whips up some seriously healthy brunch eats that taste amazing. The AM Superfoods Bowl combines chia pudding and almond butter and sea salt toast for a balanced breakfast plate. 

Nevada: Honey Salt

I can't think of a place where brunch is more necessary than Las Vegas because, one, who doesn't need eggs to cure that hangover, and, two, the hair of the dog is freaking real. Honey Salt provides all the brunch necessities with classy flair and plentiful gluten-free fare.

New Hampshire: Native Coffee + Kitchen

Native Coffee + Kitchen is brand new to the New Hampshire brunch game, but they are already killin' it. It's bougie af (they have nitro brew and kombucha on tap), and their scrambled bowls are legit a godsend. Not to mention that the restaurant and the food all photographs like it's already gone through multiple rounds of VSCO editing. 

New Jersey: Teresa's Caffe

Brunch pizza is always the way to go, and Teresa's Caffe in Princeton serves it up best with this prosciutto and fried egg delight. 

New Mexico: Gold Street Caffé

Gold Street Caffé offers both Peanut Butter Lattes and a Rio Grande Black Gold Latte, which includes Oreo crumble as a main ingredient. Literally caffeination goalz right there. If you're looking for something a bit more savory, Gold Street is full of spicy Southwestern twists on the standard brunch fare. 

New York: Clinton Street Baking Co.

Obviously this pick is gonna come with some controversy because NYC is legit famous for brunch, but I find there is no better way to start my Sunday than going to the legit church of brunch, aka Clinton Street Baking Company. Their pancakes are legit holy, I'm telling you. If you disagree, however, you have some other quality options in the Big Apple

North Carolina: Cúrate

Tapas in North Carolina may seem a bit funky, but Cúrate pulls off the flavors seamlessly. The chef was trained at El Bulli, a famous Michelin Star restaurant in Spain, so you know you're gonna get some quality eats.

North Dakota: The Shack on Broadway

The Shack on Broadway delivers your favorite diner eats for cheap (share plates are only $2), but that doesn't mean they skimp on the quality. Check out the Hooligan Omelets for some spicy brunch bites with jalepeños. 

Ohio: Katalina's Cafe

Katalina's in Columbus is the home of the freaking pancake ball, which is filled with either Nutella, dulce de leche, or pumpkin-apple butter, and is basically heaven in doughy form. 

Oklahoma: Cafe Kacao

Breakfast is served all day, every day at Cafe Kacao, and it looks freaking lit. You can choose to either embrace the Latin American breakfast vibes with some Huevos Rancheros or stay sweet with French Toast.

Oregon: HunnyMilk

HunnyMilk is legit a brunch restaurant (it's only open on weekends during brunch hours), and it does brunch well. For $20, you get a sweet dish (think vanilla bean french toast or blueberry cheesecake waffles), savory dish (such as pork ribs or biscuits and gravy), and a drink (options include caramel hot chocolate, tea, or juice), so you'll never have to decide whether to go sweet or savory at brunch again. 

#SpoonTip: Go with friends so you can try literally every sweet and savory option on the menu. They all sound amazing. 

Pennsylvania: High Street on Market

High Street on Market is famous for their loaded breakfast sandwiches, and all the options are nom-worthy. Offerings include pastrami, bologna, or kale with a fresh farm egg. 

Rhode Island: Three Sisters

Come for the home fries and stay for some ice cream at Three Sisters. The brunch menu is full of classics (think pancakes, french toast, omelets, and breakfast sandwiches), but you'll have more than enough options to keep you coming back for more. 

South Carolina: Hominy Grill

The sign outside the famous Charleston restaurant states that "grits are good for you," and I'm inclined to believe them. Just know that you're gonna have to wait in line for this Southern cooked goodness. 

South Dakota: All Day Café

This baby is accurately named the OMG French Toast because oh my god. You got brulee batter, thick challah bread, vanilla whipped cream, and some sick fruits. I will be eating that all day at the All Day Café.

Tennessee: Pancake Pantry

You'll never guess what the Pancake Pantry is known for (spoiler alert: it's pancakes, lol). Be prepared to wait in line for these amazing buttermilk babies, but this mom and pop shop makes 'em worth it. 

Texas: Cafe Modern

Texas is full of amazing breakfast bites, but Cafe Modern offers a truly unique dining experience as a restaurant inside of a modern art museum. The Pumpkin French Toast Casserole will get you in the ~fall~ vibes, and the Modern Eggs Benedict is always a classic. 

Utah: Penny Ann's Cafe

Penny Ann's is famous for their hot cakes, and the Pancake Sandwich layered with hot cakes, bacon, and eggs is where it's at. They also offer french toast stuffed with banana Nutella, strawberry Nutella, caramel pecan, jelly donut, white chocolate chips, or raspberries if you're looking for something a bit sweeter.

Vermont: Magnolia Bistro

In true Vermont fashion, Magnolia Bistro serves up local, organic, vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free offerings in a certified green space. UVM students specifically rave about their waffles, but I'm all in on the tofu scrambles because ... when in Burlington. 

Virginia: Founding Farmers

This DC outpost serves up classic American brunch fare like a true art form. I am addicted to their bananas foster pancakes because there is nothing better than creamy caramel sauce and crispy bananas atop warm, fluffy pancakes, but they are also famous for their chicken and waffles. 

Washington: Tallulah's

Never have I been hungrier than when I saw Tallulah's Lemon Ricotta Pancake for the first time. This place also gets some bonus points because it's chock full of gluten-free and veggie filled options

Washington, DC: Le Diplomate

Le Diplomate, or as I lovingly call it "Le Dip," has been described as the “hottest address in town – after 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue of course." The hype makes it one of the hardest reservations to score in DC, but I have trekked out for an 8:30 brunch so that I can enjoy their flawless eggs benny. It's worth it, I swear. 

West Virginia: Bluegrass Kitchen

Bluegrass Kitchen prides itself in delivering farm-to-table comfort food, and that's exactly what you're gonna get. They have a bunch of vegetarian options including a Quinoa and Veggie Breakfast Burger with Shoestring Fries, so be sure to invite your veggie conscious friends. 

Wisconsin: Bassett Street Brunch Club

Bassett Street Brunch Club is the unofficial spot for hungover eats at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and I can see why. They've got doughnuts, fried chicken and waffles, and fluffy pancakes, and they're open all night. What's not to love? 

Wyoming: Eggington's

As per the name, Eggington's offers up some killer egg options (think omelettes, eggs benedict, and breakfast tacos). Be bougie and order the Cordon Bleu Skillet - filled with chicken, ham, cheese, and hollandaise sauce, it's sure to soak up any hangover. 

Hopefully this list will help you never be far from brunch because you now know the best brunch in every state.