No matter what you're looking for regarding food and drink, Auburn University has it. It may be discreet, or a hidden away place, and that's what this guide is for. Read on to find out where Auburn students new and old should be eating.

1. When you've got the munchies at 2am: Little Italy Pizzeria

This is easily one of the most crowded places in Auburn during the early morning hours. Located in the heart of downtown, Little Italy is a prime spot for students making their trek home from a fun night out. Whether you want one slice or a whole pizza, Little Italy has it all.

What to try: You can never go wrong with a classic cheese slice.

Location: 129 E Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36830 

2. When you need to grab lunch for under $10 between classes: On-Campus Food Trucks

shrimp, prawn, rice
Hannah Hazy

Some things unique to Auburn’s campus are the many, diverse food trucks. Each one offers up a tasty, satisfying meal for under $10. They are scattered all over campus, so no matter how far your next trek to class may be, there is sure to be a truck on the way. Another perk? They’re all included on the meal plan. So swipe away with that Tigercard

What to try: A bowl from Burrito del Mar.

Location: All over campus

3. When you're  sick of Starbucks: Coffee Cat

chocolate, hot chocolate, coffee, cappuccino, espresso, mocha, milk
Madison Temple

When you need a break from your basic Starbucks drink, Auburn has many local coffee shops. One in particular to check out is Coffee Cat. The cozy and eclectic atmosphere is sure to make you feel comfortable and at home.

What to try: Any of the many specialties, especially the Harry Styles. No he’s not just a hot singer, but also a delicious coffee drink!

Location: 124 Tichenor Ave, Auburn, AL 36830 

4. When you're craving Mexican: Acapulcos Mexican Grill

pizza, tomato, bacon, cheese
Hannah Hazy

Whether you’re looking for a strong margarita or delicious queso, Acapulcos has it. You can’t step foot in here without seeing a familiar face, proving its popularity among Auburn students.

What to try: You can't go wrong with the classic Enchiladas Rancheras and a large frozen margarita. 

Location: 1409 S College St, Auburn, AL 36832

5. When you're craving greasy food: BurgerFi

bacon, egg, cheese, cheddar
Megan McKinstry

Whether you like burgers or hotdogs, onion rings or fries, you can get it all here. Even the Vegefi burger makes mouths water. If you want greasy, Burgerfi has got it.

What to try: Bacon Cheeseburger. And while you’re at it, a Red Velvet Custard Concrete on the side. 

Location: 339 S College St, Auburn, AL 36830

6. When you're craving Italian: Venditoris

chicken, sauce, parmesan, tomato, tomato sauce, spaghetti, basil, garlic
kaelen gallagher

This family owned restaurant is the place to go if you’re seeking Italian. It’s just about as close to Italy as you can get all the way here in Auburn, Alabama. A nice bonus: free dinners offered on your birthday!

What to try: Get the Pasta Lover’s Special if you love all things noodles and meat.

Location: 2575 Hilton Garden Dr, Auburn, AL 36830 

7. When you're craving Mediterranean: Tazikis

chicken, salad, rice, salmon
Hannah Hazy

Taziki’s provides a taste of Greece to Auburn students. If you close your eyes while eating, you’ll be instantly transported to Santorini. Okay, maybe not. But close enough. Taziki’s has a broad menu, offering everything Greek from gyros to salads. Even if you aren’t a fan of Greek food, Taziki’s has a bomb Caesar salad.

What to try: Start with the pimento cheese appetizer if you know what’s good for you, and for your main course, the Grilled Lamb Gyro. 

8. When you're craving Asian: Fuji

sushi, tuna, salmon, rice, fish, seafood, sashimi, wasabi
Whitley Pope

Craving sushi? Chicken teriyaki? Fried rice? Then look no further, because Fuji has it all. With over 35 different sushi rolls, and various bento boxes, Fuji satisfies sushi lovers and non-sushi lovers just the same.

What to try: King Cobra roll with a side of fried rice (add yum yum sauce to it if you know what’s good for you).

Location: 1499 S College St, Auburn, AL 36832 

9. When you're craving seafood: La Palma

tacos, avocado, beans, rice, salsa, corn, chili
Avery Triesch

La Palma is an Auburn hidden gem and a must-try for all seafood lovers. La Palma serves up many seafood dishes with a Mexican flair. Anywhere that provides shrimp ceviche over chips and salsa is sure to delight all seafood lovers alike. Plus, their margaritas are to die for.

What to try: Start off with ceviche and homemade guacamole, then go for the Spicy Tuna Empanadas. It won’t disappoint.

Location: 203 Opelika Rd, Auburn, AL 36830 

10. When you're craving southern food: Moe's Original BBQ

If you know Auburn, you know Moe's. Not to be confused with Moe's Southwest, Moe's BBQ serves up all things southern. This unique restaurant has become an Auburn staple for its award-winning soul food revival. They serve up delicious food in a relaxed, spontaneous, and (sometimes) civilized environment. Stay late on Tuesday nights for $5 bottles of wine. Moe's turns into a bar around 9 pm, or earlier if the crowd arrives. 

What to try: If you want the full experience, go for the Pulled Pork Platter and choose two sides. I’d recommend the mac and cheese and collard greens. To complete the Moe's experience, get a tasty Bushwacker.

Location: 125 E Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36830

11. When you're trying to be romantic: Hamilton's On Magnolia

Perfect for a first date or a 48th date, Hamilton’s is the place to go for romance. The atmosphere consists of mood lighting, quiet booths, and polite servers. The menu consists of diverse contemporary American selections, and drink specials are served daily.

What to try: Get the Blackened Chicken Fettuccini. It may sound basic, but I promise you it is anything but. 

Location: 174 E Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36830

12. When your parents are visiting and they're footing the bill: Acre

Everyone and their mother (literally) loves to hit up Acre. It has a beautifully rustic atmosphere comfortable for students and parents alike. The Southern-inspired menu is family friendly and has tons to offer. Acre is a great place for family brunches or nights out.

What to try: Start your meal off with the bread board appetizer. For your main course try the Black-Belt Bibimbap.

Location: 210 E Glenn Ave, Auburn, AL 36830 

13. When you're "doing it for the Insta:" Steel City Pops

Katherine Baumstark

Steel City Pops delights more than just your taste buds. It delights your eyes. The wide variety of all-natural flavors produces beautifully colored pops that are sure to brighten up your Instagram feed.

What to try: Raspberry lemonade pop or cookies and cream pop.

Location: 109 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830 

14. When you're craving something sweet: Mylks Cookies

cake, egg, cookie, chocolate, sweet
kaelen gallagher

If you are a milk and cookie fanatic, you’re in luck. Mylks is a dessert paradise with freshly baked cookies daily. They rotate their cookie offerings every day so you can always try something new. Mylks offers the classic cookie, a frosting-stuffed cookie, an ice cream sandwich, 6-layer cookie cakes, and so much more.

What to try: Any flavor cookie jar is sure to satisfy any sweet tooth. Get a cup of milk with it to complete the experience.

Location: 234 W Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36830 

15. When you turn 21: Avondale Bar and Tap Room

martini, cocktail, cherry
Delaney McDevitt

Being 21 brings a sense of maturity (or so I've been told). For a more classy Auburn bar setting that's strict on IDs, hit up Avondale. Avondale serves fancy cocktails in a real glass. The dimly lit setting offers a great atmosphere for a relaxing evening and includes a great view of downtown Auburn.

What to try: The Avondale bartender makes a mean martini. Try the grapefruit martini and you’ll never want to go back to Sky.

Location: 106 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830 

16. When you or your friends don't eat meat: Zoe's Kitchen

salad, lettuce, vegetable, pepper, cheese, tomato, chicken, onion
Hannah Hazy

If you or your friends is #teamvegetarian a good place to go is Zoe's. There are many salad options as well as vegetarian options offered here. It’s a great middle ground for meat eaters and non-meat eaters alike.  

What to try: The Quinoa Salad is a great choice for vegetarians.

17. When you're hungover: Chick-fil-A

Nothing cures a hangover quite like Chick-fil-A. Don’t believe me? Check out the bumper-to-bumper traffic all down Magnolia every Saturday morning simply from the drive-through line. The greasy and delicious hash browns complement the flakey biscuits and help reduce the worst of hangovers.

What to try: Everyone has their Chick-fil-A favorites, but for the best hangover cure I recommend a chicken biscuit meal with a Coke on the side. 

Location: 326 W Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36832

18. When you want to eat outside: Live Oaks

sauce, bacon
Devin Surber

When the weather is nice and you want to eat outside, do so at Live Oaks. The outdoor atmosphere is fun and casual and includes a large outdoor bar. Whether you want to sit and enjoy drinks through the night or eat a delicious meal, Live Oaks is the place to do it.

What to try: To start, get the mac and cheese bites. And for the main course I highly recommend the blackened tuna meal.

Location: 201 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830 

19. When you want to watch the game: Quixotes

coffee, tea, beer
Megan McKinstry

Quixotes is a great spot during any big football game, whether it's an Auburn game or not. They have TVs in every corner and pull down a large screen with a projector for the important games. Quixotes often offers drink specials throughout the day and into the night, so it makes for a great place to sit, drink, and watch the big game every Saturday.

What to try: Any and all of the shots posted on the shot board next to the bar.

Location: 129 N College St, Auburn, AL 36830 

20. When you want to listen to live music: SkyBar

juice, smoothie, cocktail, ice
Hayden Massey

Just about every evening, Auburn students go to SkyBar to drink and listen to live music. Being one of the biggest college bars in the US has its perks. The main bar in the front usually provides more acoustic performers and a more relaxed atmosphere. In the back of Sky is the “boom boom room,” which showcases larger performers such as Trotline and cover bands. This room has a higher energy feel with lots of dancing.

What to try: For a unique, true-to-SkyBar drink, order the Sky Octane. This frozen drink will be sure to get you feeling good.

Location: 136 W Magnolia Ave, Auburn, AL 36830

Auburn really does have it all. Next time you find yourself craving something specific, use this guide to know where to go.