At some point in your life you have heard someone say, "Mercury is retrograde" and had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. Mercury goes retrograde a couple times a year and this year one of those times will be from April 9 until May 3.

When this happens, be ready for things to go wrong and break down. But don't worry because the foods I have listed below will provide comfort during this time of need specific to your zodiac sign.

Aries (March 21 – April 21)

chicken
Samantha Jayson

Alright, Aries, you may start to get hot under the collar while things may go wrong in your daily routine. So to help calm you down and reflect that heat into something delicious, I recommend going out with your friends and getting some spicy foods. Some honey BBQ wings will really hit the spot.

Taurus (April 20 – May 20)

lamb, beef, chicken, rice
Michelle LoPinto

Taurus' world may be flipped upside down while Mercury is retrograde. So you'll want to stay grounded during this crazy time. Some hardy foods will do the trick. Eating steak, stews, kebabs, and a gyro here or there will fill your belly and satisfy you.

Gemini (May 21 – June 20)

Samantha Jayson

Mercury is your ruling planet Gemini. And during this time your mind will race faster than before. You'll be all over the place and so will your stomach. So fast food and snacks are a great choice for you to eat. Just be careful not to overeat. You want to stay happy and healthy during this time so do not shy away from healthy snacks as well.

Cancer (June 21 – July 22)

noodle, chicken, basil, pasta
Zachary Hopkins

Things may get stressful for you, Cancer. So you'll want to revert back into that shell of yours, but that's okay. Staying home wrapped in a blanket and watching your favorite Netflix content is a good idea, so order in some sushi or some seafood. And if that isn't what you crave then a nice heart-warming meal will do the trick. Don't be afraid to call up mom and dad to see what they're cooking.

Leo (July 23 – August 22)

cheese, brioche, beef, bun, bacon
Samantha Jayson

As the monarchic sign of the zodiac, Leo will want to indulge in some spicy, hardy, and delectable foods. Going out with friends to a cool burger spot or a pub to get some food and a drink will be really nice, but be careful not to drink too much. No one needs to add on to the mess that Mercury will bring.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

coffee, honey, tea
Samantha Jayson

A nice healthy meal is what you should be eating, Virgo. Healthy trends are what you like and while Mercury is retrograde, you should continue on this health kick to keep your body balanced. Veggies, grains, and fruits will be a nice addition to your meal plan during this time, but it's okay to go out and eat some junk food too.

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

ice, chocolate, cream, cake, pistachio, green tea, tea, matcha
Ada Zelkowska

A nice home cooked meal is ideal for you, Libra, and I would recommend not skipping on dessert. So invite your friends over for a three-course meal and pair it with a nice glass of wine. That will really ease the tension while Mercury is retrograde. 

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

avocado, tacos, nachos
Samantha Jayson

You have a very exotic palate Scorpio. Going out with friends to try a different assortment of foods from around the world would be a great idea. It's a good time to explore what's on your plate to get a thrill in while you worry about Mercury's hold over you.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

cheese, gravy, mushroom, sauce, poutine
Jenn Ryan

As a mix of fire and earth, Sagittarius will need to keep themselves in tip top shape to keep their precision up during this time. You need to fuel your body with all matter of foods. Going out and getting some specialty-made burgers and a heaping mound of loaded fries will fill your belly. Any type of hearty, spicy, and decadent food will be a good choice while Mercury is retrograde.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)

egg, cheese, avocado, sandwich
Taylor Dashosh

As the stubborn goat of the zodiac, Capricorn, you'll want to eat everything and anything, but you will also want to steer clear of junk food and vending machines. When Mercury is retrograde, machines break down easily, so instead you should indulge in quick and easy meals like sandwiches and bagels. 

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)

beef, falafel
Michelle LoPinto

You'll want to get your vegetarian on, Aquarius, even if that isn't the lifestyle you follow. Go out and get some falafels or a nice salad. Even ordering some alternative vegetarian take out will suffice during this hectic time.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

fish, rice, lobster, seafood, crab, shrimp, sushi
Lisa Romano

Lastly, Pisces, being a dual sign like Gemini, you may get scatter brained. So try to swim in the right direction by eating some seafood or any type of comfort food to soothe your mind. Stuffing your face with some cake wouldn't be a horrible idea in my opinion.

Don't let Mercury going retrograde keep you down. Go out, have fun, eat well and fill those bellies to stay happy and healthy. And remember to be careful around machinery. Happy eating!