After binge watching the first season of CW's "Riverdale," I've fallen in love with the show. I won't stop talking about how obsessed I am with the show's scandalous plot and characters. I accidentally binge watched it a second time (oops). Now, I am eagerly awaiting for season two to begin in October. Since desserts and "Riverdale" are two of my favorite things, I decided to pretend that each character was a different dessert to reflect their persona. Sadly, none of the characters could be the milkshakes from Pop's this time around. 

Archie Andrews: Apple Pie  

A sweet apple pie is just like New Zealand born actor KJ Apa, who plays Archie in "Riverdale." Archie's sweetness is similar to the inside of a freshly baked apple pie. You know Archie will always be there to make you smile, just like this classic All-American treat. However, sometimes Archie can get himself into a sticky situation. 

Betty Cooper: Rainbow Layer Cake  

Lili Reinhart stars as Betty Cooper, the perfect straight A blonde at Riverdale High School. This girl-next-door character is just like a rainbow layer cake with all colors. She can be as sweet as the color light pink or as dark as a deep shade of blue. Betty is truly sweet, kind, simple, and clean, yet has a darker side to her. The many layers to her personality lead to a well-developed character that audiences can't get enough of.

Veronica Lodge: Chocolate Soufflé 

Veronica, played by Camila Mendes, is the new girl at Riverdale High. She is mysterious and seductive. Veronica is genuinely trying to reinvent herself at Riverdale and her confidence is portrayed by how she dresses and how she interacts with people. Veronica is insanely sweet, but she also has a ton of secrets and depth to her persona just like the melty chocolate inside the soufleé

Jughead Jones: Deconstructed Cake 

Jughead, played by everyone's favorite twin Cole Sprouse, is a nonconformist, anti-authority-type character, just like a deconstructed cake. He carries a sardonic and sarcastic attitude, but underneath it all, Jughead is the sweetest most loving character, similar to the taste of a cake. You never know what you're going to get with Jughead, sometimes he's sweet, other times he's rebellious. 

Cheryl Blossom: Red Velvet Cake 

Cheryl, portrayed by Madelaine Petsch, is the head cheerleader of the River Vixens and the self-proclaimed Queen Bee at Riverdale High School, as well as the twin sister of the late Jason Blossom. Cheryl Blossom is an entitled and manipulative mean girl who kills people with sass and her obnoxious bright red lipstick. Underneath her harsh exterior, Cheryl has a sweet side deep down. Nothing describes Cheryl more than a classic slice of red velvet cake that you either hate or love. She's over the top and it takes awhile to understand her, but she has a strong personality. Cheryl is special, just like red velvet cake. 

Josie: Cotton Candy Ice Cream 

Josie, played by Ashleigh Murray, is all about ambition. She frequently takes charge and knows she has to get noticed in order for her music to succeed. She wants people to "see me, hear me, now watch me." Josie is the lead singer of The Pussycats and is sassy, edgy, and always has her lip gloss with her. Cotton candy ice cream makes a statement and it impresses people with its colors and flavor, just like Josie tries to do with her performing in Riverdale. 

Kevin Keller: Rainbow Doughnut 

Casey Cott is the actor behind everyone's favorite character, Kevin Keller. Kevin is charismatic and outgoing just like this doughnut, and knows the social scene of Riverdale very well. Aside from his dad being the sheriff of Riverdale, Kevin is openly gay and always says what people are thinking (aka the truth). Similar to a rainbow doughnut, Kevin is kind, trustworthy, confident, and puts others before himself.

Now, you can enjoy your favorite desserts and be reminded of your favorite Riverdale characters at the same time. Let's see if any main characters demonstrate the same or different personality in season two, coming to TV October 11 at 9/8 c.