I'm no stranger to fast food breakfast items. Occasionally, I'll wake up craving a greasy, mouthwatering hash-brown from McDonald's, or a fat, cheesy breakfast sandwich from Dunkin' Donuts. Like most eaters, the nutritional value isn't something that comes to mind as I stuff my face with a ridiculously unhealthy fast food breakfast item. 

Let's be honest: grabbing a breakfast burrito or a sandwich is tempting. It's quick, easy and cheap. However, behind the greasy goodness lies excessive calories, sodium and other nutritional no-no's. 

With 2017 just weeks away, start saying no to unhealthy fast-food breakfast items. I've broken down ten popular breakfast bites that you should stray away from ordering.

McDonald's Sausage, Egg & Cheese McGriddles

Of all the breakfast grub in the fast food world, this flawless sandwich holds my heart. This is no ordinary sandwich, to say the least. With sweet, syrupy pancakes as buns, this sandwich ranks as one of the most unhealthy menu items in the fast food world.

Calories: 550 Carbs: 45 grams
Sodium: 1,280 milligrams

Cholesterol: 215 milligrams

McDonald's Bacon, Egg & Cheese Bagel

If you're planning on consuming 550 calories for breakfast, the McDonald's Sausage, Egg & Cheese McGriddle tops this simplistic bagel sandwich. However, you can't go wrong with this carb-crazed grub.

Calories: 550 Carbs: 54 grams
Sodium: 1,260 milligrams

Cholesterol: 225 milligrams

McDonald's Big Breakfast with Hotcakes

What this breakfast lacks in cheese, it more than makes up in carbs. The epitome of a ridiculously unhealthy fast food breakfast, this dish combines many popular morning treats. With a whopping 109 grams of carbohydrates, this feast will leave you in an intense food coma.

Calories: 1080 Carbs: 109 grams
Sodium: 2,020 milligrams

Cholesterol: 480 milligram

Chik-Fil-A Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit

To eat or not to eat 600 calories, that is the question. If you decide to munch on one of Chik-Fil-A's tastiest sandwiches, you'd better order a side of hash browns and a hearty cup of coffee. Yes, this flaky biscuit sandwich lacks any substantial nutritional value, but honestly, it's totally worth it. 

Calories: 600

Carbs: 41 grams 

Sodium: 1,520 milligrams

Cholesterol: 200 milligrams

Einstein Bros. Bagels French Toast Egg Sandwich

If you're anything like me, sometimes it's hard to tell whether you're in a savory or sweet breakfast mood. This sandwich takes that problem many face and combines both aspects. The sweetness of the bagel and the maple spread complements the savory taste for a dangerously tasty creation.

Calories: 740 Carbs: 79 grams
Sodium: 1,230 milligrams Cholesterol: 385 milligrams

Taco Bell Cinnabon Delights (12-Pack)

There's nothing tastier than fried dough covered in cinnamon sugar. But according to the Mayo Clinic, people should shoot for between 225 and 325 grams of carbs per day. If you were to eat close to all twelve of these bites, you would have consumed about half the daily recommended amount of carbs. 

Calories: 930

Carbs: 104 grams

Sodium: 40 milligrams

Cholesterol: 480 milligrams

Taco Bell Grande Scrambler

Of all the ridiculously unhealthy fast food breakfast items, the Grande Scrambler ranks as one of the worst. With pico de gallo, nacho cheese, eggs, steak and hash browns wrapped in a warm flour tortilla, the flavor of this burrito will curb your morning Mexican cravings

Calories: 630

Carbs: 65 grams

Sodium: 1,470 milligrams

Cholesterol: 230 milligrams

Burger King Hash Browns (Medium)

Nothing compares to that first crunch you hear after popping one of these golden potatoes in your mouth. But compared to McDonald's hash browns, Burger King serves ridiculously unhealthy fried potatoes. So, if you're craving a hash brown, order one from McDonald's instead.

Calories: 500

Carbs: 48 grams

Sodium: 1,140 milligrams

Cholesterol: 0 milligrams

Taco Bell Breakfast Crunchwrap

Crunchwrap lovers, this was made for you. The Crunchwrap gods created a flour tortilla filled with bacon, cheese, scrambled eggs, hash browns and a spicy sauce. This meal - although high in sodium and carbs - will blow all of your breakfast expectations away.

Calories: 670

Carbs: 51 grams

Sodium: 1,300 milligrams

Cholesterol: 145 milligrams

Sonic Ultimate Meat & Cheese Breakfast Burrito

Meat lovers can enjoy double the meat, as this burrito also has sausage and bacon in it. Beware: according to the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, sodium should be limited to less than 2,300 mg per day. This one burrito has 2,140 mg alone, so  this unhealthy grub may not be really worth it.

Calories: 800

Carbs: 46 grams

Sodium: 2,140 milligrams

Cholesterol: 355 milligrams

All the unhealthy facts might turn your stomach away from these tasty dishes. But every once in a while it's OK to grab a cheesy egg & bacon sandwich to help start off your Saturday morning.