As a college student who has recently moved into an apartment, I know how daunting cooking can be. Thinking about making a cohesive meal every night on top of the mountains of homework, Zoom classes, and extracurricular meetings we all have can be overwhelming, but I've learned that having a few staple items in my kitchen can really change the game. My friends know that I'm totally obsessed with Trader Joe's, and I've found that they have some of the most delicious yet versatile condiments that every college student should keep in their dorm or apartment to add a little flair to their cooking. Here are some of my go-to Trader Joe's condiments that you'll be wondering how you ever lived without.

#1. Everything But The Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend

Okay, I know what you're thinking. Everyone knows (and loves!) Everything But The Bagel, or as it is sometimes affectionately called, EBTB. However, this popular seasoning blend is good on anything and everything, and that is why I will continue to recommend it to people. From avocado toast, to french fries, to vegetables, Everything But The Bagel completely transforms any food you put it on, making it a total upgrade from your typical salt and pepper. Although it's not the most authentic, I personally like sprinkling some on pasta with a little drizzle of olive oil for a quick and easy lunch or dinner. Some may say its overrated, but Everything But The Bagel's versatility makes it truly deserving of its spot as the holy grail of Trader Joe's condiments.

#2. Organic Spicy Taco Sauce

Taco night at my house is just not complete without Trader Joe's Organic Spicy Taco Sauce. It's one of those items that my family picked up on a whim during one of our regular trips to Trader Joe's, and it has been a household favorite ever since. Seriously, we went into panic mode when they stopped producing it for a couple of months and cried tears of joy when we saw it back in stores again. Don't let the name scare you off: if anything, this sauce is more peppery than spicy, and it is the perfect way to top off tacos or fajitas, both of which are super easy, college-student-friendly meals. Trust me, you will never reach for that bland, packet taco sauce ever again.

#3. Balsamic Glaze

This sticky, sweet Balsamic Glaze will automatically elevate any dish you drizzle it on. There's something about it that just makes you feel like you're creating a restaurant quality meal even though you're simply opening the bottle and pouring out some sauce. As seen in the picture above, Trader Joe's Balsamic Glaze is the perfect addition to any flatbread, and it would also be amazing with a charcuterie board or Caprese salad. I would also recommend drizzling some on top of roasted broccoli or Brussel sprouts to add a little sweetness to your veggies.

#4. Roasted Garlic Hummus

I was never the biggest fan of hummus, but I've determined that I just wasn't buying the right kind because I reach for Trader Joe's Roasted Garlic Hummus nearly every day. It's simple but so creamy and light, and pairs so well with their Pita Bite Crackers as a healthy and easy snack. In terms of meals, this hummus is the perfect side for chicken shawarma or falafel, both of which you can find at Trader Joe's. While the falafel mix requires a little extra effort, the chicken shawarma comes pre-seasoned, and all you have to do is stick it in a pan until it's nice and golden brown. Then, cut it into bite size pieces, spread some hummus on a pita pocket, add your favorite vegetables, and you have an out-of-this-world Mediterranean meal in less than 30 minutes.

#5. Soyaki

Soyaki is exactly what it sounds like: a sweet and satisfying combination of soy sauce and teriyaki. When I'm looking for recipes, I sometimes get overwhelmed at the sheer amount of ingredients needed for just a marinade, so Soyaki definitely simplifies the cooking process. One of my go-to meals is a classic chicken and broccoli dish, and after cooking the protein and vegetables together in a pan, I pour on some Soyaki, let it simmer, and serve the whole thing over rice. It could not be any easier. For any non-meat eaters, this sauce would be incredible in a vegetable stir fry or on top of any other protein you desire.

I know how difficult it can be as busy college students to come up with quick and easy meal ideas, but these Trader Joe's condiments will upgrade your regular dishes with a new and exciting twist. Sometimes all it takes is one sprinkle of seasoning or drizzle of sauce to totally transform your food from something bland and monotonous to an impressive concoction. And sometimes, that one sprinkle or drizzle is really all we have time for as college students just trying to make it work out of our dorm or apartment kitchens.