Sometimes snacking throughout the day can be costly. And what college student wants to pay $10 for a bag of kale chips? That's why I decided to head to ALDI, a grocery store with unique brands and deals unlike any other place.

Their extensive selection of healthy, appetizing, and affordable snacks made me realize that eating well does not have to break the bank. These snacks were not boring and definitely not gross. 

1. Quinoa Chips

bread, cookie, sweet, candy
Sarah Arora

Quinoa chips are unique and are obviously much healthier than potato chips. These chips kind of taste like Veggie Chips, but had a wavy texture similar to Ruffles. 

2. Hot and Spicy Salsa

milk, sweet
Brandon Fishman

No need to spend too much money for your next fiesta. This hot and spicy salsa tastes authentic and flavorful. It is perfect with some multigrain tortilla chips and isn't entirely bad for you. Even my editorial director, Avery, approves. 

3. Strawberry and Raspberry Granola

rice flake, oatmeal cereal, sweet, muesli, oatmeal, rice, corn, milk, cereal
Sarah Arora

This granola is super crunchy and sweet. The freeze-dried berries add some tanginess. It is fantastic on top of Greek yogurt and I even ate it on its own as a cereal a few times. 

4. Wasabi and Soy Almonds

Brandon Fishman

This snack has to be my all-time favorite. The almonds are plenty spicy and flavorful. They have the same brain-shocking effect that wasabi has, so don't eat them all at once like Avery. 

5. Chocolate Fudge Pretzel Clusters

beer
Sarah Arora

The chocolate fudge pretzel clusters are definitely not the healthiest snack. However, it definitely helped me whenever I had a chocolate craving. It was the perfect blend of sweet and salty, and hey, it's better than that hot fudge sundae you're craving right now. 

6. White Cheddar Popcorn

Brandon Fishman

Okay, cheese popcorn is probably not the healthiest snack, but it is a nice treat once in a while. The popcorn had a nice cheesy flavor and wasn't overly salty. 

7. Tropical Greek Yogurt

lard, dairy, cream cheese, cream, yogurt, dairy product, milk
Sarah Arora

This Greek yogurt is the perfect snack or quick breakfast. It pairs up well with the berry granola (see #5). I tried the Key Lime and the Vanilla Toasted Coconut Flavors, which were both rich and bold.

8. Pumpkin Seed Brittle

meat, chocolate
Brandon Fishman

Even though it's far from pumpkin season, you can still enjoy it in the form of pumpkin seed brittle. It is super crunchy, sweet, and has all the classic fall flavors. 

9. Classic Hummus

vegetable, bread, hummus
Sarah Arora

You can never go wrong with hummus. This classic hummus had all the flavors and was perfect with crackers, chips, and especially carrots. 

10. Chile Cheese Curls

Brandon Fishman

As you can already tell, I'm really into spicy snacks. On an honest note, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between these and Flamin' Hot Cheetos. They were spicy, cheesy, seriously no complaints here. 

Snacking should not make you broke. Whether you're into spicy, sweet, or salty snacks, ALDI has options that are cheap, satisfying, and not-so-boring.