Plant-based meat is the trendiest food phase of the new year. It's completely sustainable and outrageously delicious. The Impossible Foods (thank you food engineers), have provided a seemingly endless amount of new meatless dishes. Since the importance for overall personal health has increased globally, they have placed these entrees at the forefront of dining options for consumers. Check out these 12 "Impossible" entree ideas. Disclaimer- these are Vegetarian, not Vegan, I'm a cheese lover. 

What is Impossible Meat?

The Impossible team essentially broke down what makes meat, and then mastered how to recreate the same satisfactory elements through plant cells, rather than animal ones. The burger is made of mostly water and plant proteins with heme. It even bleeds like a normal burger - shout out to soy Leghemoglobin!

1) The Impossible Burger

Fact: The Impossible Burger requires 75% less water, 95% less land, and generates about 87% lower greenhouse gas emissions than conventional burgers from cows.

The Impossible Burger is now available in about 5000 different restaurants throughout the United States. To name a few of our favorite causal eats: White Castle, Fat Burger, Cheesecake Factory, and Applebees.

2) Chili-Cheese Fries

Fries + cheese + Impossible meat = a match made in vegetarian heaven. Looks pretty darn close to the real thing!

3) Impossible Taco (Tuesday)

You definitely have the opportunity to be really creative with this one; whether it be breakfast tacos with a fried egg and fresh avocado, or a taco night with proper taco seasoning + all the fixings! Hot sauce not required, but strongly recommended. 

4) Impossible Kabobs

Your Impossible plant-based Meat Kabobs don't need to be quite as fancy as photographed above, and are actually a lot easier to make than one may think. Think - meatballs, but on a skewer. 

5) Impossible Spring Rolls

Who doesn't love a good Spring Roll?! Indulge in your next Asian style meal with a side of homemade Impossible Spring Rolls. 

6) Impossible Empanada

Semi guilt-free, plant-based Empanada's. Woo! Get yourself some pastry dough, cheese, corn, Impossible Meat, a lot of salsa, and you've got yourself a delicious homemade Mexican dinner. Make these as an appetizer on your next Impossible Taco Tuesday. 

7) Impossible Meat-lovers Pizza

An alternative to an American classic, need I say more. 

8) Impossible Breakfast Sandwich 

~McMuffin~ vibes with this one. Make yourself a breakfast sandwich with some impossible meat, cheese, egg, an english muffin, and grab an iced (or hot) coffee to go along with it. Boom. 

9) Impossible Nachos

This one is my personal favorite and for a good reason. Tortilla chips, Impossible Meat, cheese and whatever Nacho toppings your heart desires.  

10) Impossible Sichuan Style Green Beans

Yum. Green-beans just kind of make everything better right?

11) Sushirito

Think "Sushirito" for your next Sushi night. If raw fish makes you a little squeamish, this is a perfect alternative. You still get to indulge in the delicious asian flavors, minus the fish. 

12) Meatballs 

Impossible Meatballs along with - Spaghetti, Zucchini Noodles or simply on their own. A hearty and comforting meal that you really can't go wrong with.

So if you're looking for something new to try this year, go get yourself some Impossible Meat. It's the closest plant-based alternative I have found to actual meat. Whether it be a Sushirito or a Meat-lovers Pizza, you can really do it all with Impossible! Now, dig in.