5th Wave by Rick Yancey - Marshmallows

In an alien invasion the only thing quiet enough to keep you safe from the silencers are these sugary treats.They may lack in nutrition, but they make up for it with their ability to boost your spirit and bring you a sense of nostalgia when your sleeping with your trusty M16 cradled in your arms. 

marshmallow, candy, sweet
Avery Nicholson

Hunger Games by Susan Collins - Pita and Kale Chips 

This teen classic left us with a healthy fear of berries in the woods and psychotic government initiatives. Pita and Kale chips are the perfect accompaniment to this story line full of tough choices, but I know when it comes down to it, i'll always choose Peeta. 

Ethan Cappello

The Maze Runner by James Dashner - Chocolate Coated Espresso Beans

When you are running for your life, you need a boost. Espresso bean's tell-tale kick and chocolaty coating are the perfect blend for a story that will have you running for the hills. Plus as an added bonus the caffeine kick will keep you reading well into the night. 

coffee, cereal, espresso, cappuccino, black beans, beans, mocha
Rose Gerber

Divergent by Veronica Roth - Flamin' Hot Cheetos

In a world of factions, be Dauntless as you chow down on these hot treats. Or be Erudite and know to keep a glass of cold milk by you're side to tame the flames, but be careful not to stain the pages as you flip through your old favorite. Theses puffs are sure to liven up your night. 

seafood, fish, meat, chicken, shellfish, shrimp, prawn
Elizabeth Layman

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Pop Rocks 

These electric candies will shock you more than this technological take on a classic Cinderella story. Royalty, robots and wrongful accusations, with a colorful story line and colorful candies to match, what could go wrong? (Read and find out because trust me, a lot) 

tea, beer
Sarah Strong

Matched by Ally Condie - PB&J

Name a better couple then PB&J, I'll wait. This iconic duo goes perfectly with this dystopian love story. Nothing can come between our love birds, not pickles, nor potato chips or marshmallow fluff will keep these two apart. 

peanut butter, bread, butter, jam, peanut, spread

Legend by Marie Lu - M&M Brownies

There's nothing more legendary then rich, chocolaty, M&M brownies fresh out of the oven. It's important to treat yourself when you're starting an upraising and these heavenly cakey treats are the only way to do it right.  

chocolate, candy, sweet, goody, cake, cream
Katherine O'Malley

Gone by Michael Grant - Canned Goods

In a bubble of mutations, killer beasts and psychotic kids (psychotic seems to be a theme here) there is nothing like a good canned vegetable to keep your belly full. As we watch our favorite characters succumb to violence, and scrounge for food, we can be thankful for our own well stocked pantries. We should all be able to enjoy a nice can of greens without the threat of perpetual doom hanging over our heads. 

tea, vegetable
Cassandra Bauer

City of Ember by Jeanne Deprau- Oranges

What better to pair with a book about a big orange ball in the sky then a big orange fruit? 'Nough said. 

juice, citrus, tangerine, orange
Amelia Hitchens

Where to Go From Here - What You Should Be Snacking On, Based on the Genre of Book You're Reading

Here's another great article on snacking while reading! Enjoy!