If you're wondering what to make before that 11 am football game this Saturday, fear not. Here is a collection of some of the best portable breakfast recipes to pregame an actual game. Bring them to your next morning tailgate and your guests are sure to be impressed. Sometimes it's just too early for hamburgers and hot dogs, and that is perfectly okay.

Nutella-Stuffed Doughnut Muffins

chocolate, peanut, peanut butter, butter
Julia Murphy

A little sugar is just what you need to get hyped before that big morning game. Make these surprisingly easy Nutella-stuffed muffins the day before and bring them along to impress your tailgate guests.

Mini Bagel Breakfast Sliders

cheese, sandwich, bread, bagel
Sarah Adler

Just because you're on the go doesn't mean that you should skip a good, hearty breakfast. These mini bagel sliders give you plenty of options that will be sure to please everyone.

You can either bring all the ingredients along and let everyone make their own, or you can prepare a few different kinds ahead of time and just transport them to your tailgate in the morning.

Bacon Breakfast Pancakes

sauce, meat
Spoon University

Fun fact: It is possible to make fresh, warm, tasty foods right at your tailgate. Along with the portable grill you've already thought about bringing, bring along a cast-iron skillet. You can put the skillet on the grill to make these amazing bacon-stuffed pancakes. Just don't forget the syrup!

Homemade Pop-Tarts

sandwich, cream, cake, ice
Amanda Shulman

Homemade Pop-Tarts are a sweet, homemade treat that will bring you back to your childhood, without bringing back all the weird additives and preservatives. Make these the night before the game and watch your guests gawk at how you were able to duplicate their favorite childhood breakfast so flawlessly.

Bacon and Egg Breakfast Muffins

bacon, biscuits, cheddar, cheese
Jenna Johnston

Did you just question how it's possible to take all the best breakfast foods and make them into one? Me too. These muffins are great to make ahead and an easy way to eat all of your favorite breakfast foods with a beer in the other hand. The time crunch for morning tailgates makes it all about multitasking, so why not bring the muffin that does it all?

Breakfast Quesadillas

bread, cheese, pizza
Rebecca Simonov

These breakfast quesadillas can be made in the skillet you're planning on bringing to make the bacon-stuffed pancakes, or you can make them ahead of time and just heat them up on the grill. Either way you go, these quesadillas will be sure to fill you up before you go cheer on your favorite team.

Veggie Breakfast Burritos

avocado, vegetable, guacamole
Caroline Liu

Vegetarians have to eat too, but even your meat eating friends will want to try these breakfast burritos. The veggie breakfast burritos are most easily made at home before the game. You could even make a huge batch and freeze some for later.

Whatever foods you choose to make for your morning tailgate, remember that time is of the utmost importance. You don't have time to be flipping burgers and hot dogs, but you still want to keep your guests happy. Hopefully with these recipes, you will be a morning tailgate pro in no time.

#SpoonTip: Want to know how the Hawkeyes like to tailgate? Here's a walk through of a typical Saturday on Melrose Avenue.