Although studying for finals is always going to be slightly terrible, there are a few places around Georgetown that can make cramming a little more cheery. Whether they offer specialty holiday items, or their decorations can't be beat, these spots make studying another (albeit, less fun) way to embrace the holiday spirit.

That being said, here is the definitive list of the best places to study without losing sight of the holiday season!

Dog Tag Bakery

Dog Tag is my all-time favorite place to study during the holiday season. Their sandwiches, pastries, and drinks always hit the spot, but around December it's the decorations that make all the difference. They decorate with a Christmas tree and a bunch of lights for the perfect study vibes! Their peppermint bark is just another (SUPER valid) reason to head there for a finals week study sesh.

Starbucks

Although I'm not the biggest Starbucks fan, the new location on the corner of M and 34th is a great option for close to campus studying. The holiday drinks, from Peppermint Mochas to Gingerbread Lattes, make for the perfect mid-study caffeine break. Their free wifi and decent number of outlets make this a prime spot to work on a final paper--even if their holiday cups are lacking this year.

Saxby's

Saxby's is another great option for close to campus studying, and it has way more holiday spirit than Lau. Their playlist is always on point, but gets extra cheery during the holidays plus they have cute stockings and lights strung up throughout the store. 

They also offer a great deal for the holiday season. With the purchase of a gift card of $30 or more, they will give you a $5 gift on them! 

Luke's Lobster

Luke's Lobster is somewhat of a wild card in terms of study spots. However, during the Christmas season, they string lights around the shop--adding to their already homey feel. Skip this one if you're not into seafood or hate the smell, but it could be worth a trip if you're up for trying something different and need to get work done asap. Bonus: their clam chowder might just make you forget how cold it is outside!

Baked & Wired

As if the combination of cupcakes and coffee could get any sweeter, Baked & Wired also consistently steps it up for the holidays. Incorporating flavors like peppermint and gingerbread into their collection, there is no better place to treat yourself while simultaneously forcing yourself to get some work done.

Farmers Fishers Bakers

If you head to First Bake during finals season, you could always bring some books and make a study date out of it. Not only are the Waterfront's Christmas decorations a must-see, but the First Bake menu is the perfect way to start a long day of studying. Opt for the cinnamon roll to truly feel the holiday vibes.

Although finals can be a drag, especially when they go on until December 21 (thanks, Georgetown!), it doesn't mean you have to lose sight of the holidays and all the celebrations to come over break! So, if you want to get work done without turning into a complete Grinch, check out any of these study spots to embrace the holiday spirit!