What better snack is there for a busy, on-the-go college student than granola? Whether you use it top your yogurt or eat it solo, it is essential that your granola made with wholesome, healthy ingredients. Below are my favorite healthy granolas that are definitely worth a try.

Here's everything you need to know about these bomb healthy granola brands and why you need to try them.

Purely Elizabeth

Purely Elizabeth is made with ancient grains, oats and superfood seeds, dried fruit, raw virgin coconut oil and coconut sugar. The granola comes so many flavors, including Original, Pumpkin Cinnamon, Cranberry Pecan, Chocolate Sea Salt + Peanut Butter, Maple + Almond Butter, Probiotic Chocolate Sea Salt, Probiotic Maple Walnut, Grain-Free Banana Nut Butter, Grain-Free Coconut Cashew, and my personal favorite, Blueberry Hemp.

Purely Elizabeth has a unique sweet, buttery, salty taste and the perfect crunchy but not overly dry texture. Purely Elizabeth also makes superfood oatmeals and grain-free bars, which are certainly worth a shot for some on-the-go noms. 

Bear Naked

Bear Naked Granola comes in a bunch of flavors: you can choose from Original Cinnamon, Honey Almond, Cacao & Cashew Butter, Toasted Coconut Almond, Triple Berry, Chocolate, V'nilla Almond, Peanut Butter, Fruit & Nut, Maple Pecan, and Banana Nut. If you're feeling spicy, you can also customize your own blend online!

#SpoonTip: Because Bear Naked granola is a bit drier and crunchier than most other healthy granolas,  you should try to eat it with milk as cereal.

Nature's Path

Nature's Path has a wide variety of granolas and cereals, all made with organic, sustainable ingredients. My favorite is the Pumpkin Seed + Flax Granola, which serves as the perfect topping for yogurt, oatmeal (which they also sell), or as a snack. 

18 Rabbits

18 Rabbits is a relativity small company that started in a granola-lover's home kitchen. The granolas are organic, non-GMO and kosher, and made without fillers, additives, refined sugars, soy or wheat. 18 Rabbits granola comes in a variety of flavors including Pecan Almond & Coconut, Cashew Amaranth & Cacao Nib, Salted Caramel Apple, Mango Strawberry Chia, Cherry Chia & Vanilla, and Grain-Free Almond Cashew & Coconut. 

Michele's Granola

Of the 5 delicious, healthy granolas in this article, Michele's Granola is by far my personal favorite. It is handmade in small batches with wholesome, local ingredients and never fails to satisfy. Their flavors are Michele's Original, Pumpkin Spice, Cherry Chocolate, Ginger Hemp, Cinnamon Raisin, Toasted Muesli, and their seasonal flavor. For those familiar with the DC area, South Block Juice Co. uses Michele's Granola to top their treasured acai bowls.

The mission of Michele's Granola is to support clean energy and a green planet; the facilities run off of 100% wind power, the ingredients are local, organic, and GMO-free, they compost their food waste and most of the production materials, and their packaging is 100% recyclable. Michele Tsucalas, the granola's namesake, also created the Give One for Good Food program, which donates 1% of the company's earnings to non-profit organizations that promote a healthier environment and food system.

Granola is a diet staple (right?), so it's important to purchase the very best. Ditch the chips or cookies and substitute in a handful of healthy granola -- you'll hardly notice the difference. The featured healthy granolas can be found online (Amazon Prime, am I right?) or in your local health food store.