Is the extreme heat of summer getting to you? Don't have AC in your house or car? Desperately need to cool down? Dehydration, dry or burnt skin, exhaustion can all occur during the summertime when you are overheating. Look no further for all the tips, tricks, and ideas to keep cool this summer. 

Don't Go Without H2O

mint, ice, sweet, lemon, juice, cocktail, water, herb

The first and most important thing to do to keep cool is to stay hydrated. Drink plenty of cold water. You can add flavors to your water or even to your ice cubes. Speaking of ice, make sure to keep ice packs frozen so you can apply them to certain parts of your body to cool down. It is best to have the cold compress touch areas such as your wrists, ankles, and neck. Want to quickly cool your body down? Take a cold shower! 

Save Energy

If you are at home, save some energy. I'm talking both electric and your own physical energy. Unplug things you aren't using so they do not give off extra heat. That way you will be saved from sweating and you won't have to stick your head in the freezer to cool off.

Another tip: turn off the lights that you don't need-- it will save you money and keep you a lot cooler! Plus, the summertime means it stays light outside longer, so it's way better to take advantage of the natural light (and not just for perfect selfies).

Lastly, try not to do too much activity. As great as it is to keep your body moving if you can help it, stay still. Save your exercise for a specific time. When you are trying to stay cool, it is best to stay still. 

Eat the Right Food

apple, juice, sweet, pasture
Santina Renzi

I would seriously make any excuse to eat ice cream multiple times a week. What better reason do I have besides needing to cool down in the summer heat? Fine, you want to stay a little healthy, there are a bunch of refreshing food you can have. Eat fruits, veggies, pretty much anything that you keep in the refrigerator or freezer. Make a fun salad that incorporates all of your favorites.

Want to make a homemade acai bowl? The summertime is a perfect time. They are refreshing, delicious, and healthy. Bottom line: stick to cold foods to keep your temperature down during those hot summer days!