We all know it’s so much cheaper to eat a packed lunch rather than go out for lunch everyday, yet it’s hard to always do that because 1) laziness, 2) you don’t always have time to make a decent lunch beforehand, and 3) lunches bought always seem way more appealing and tasty than lunches from home.

Well, let that not be the case anymore. Take the first step at being a “Master Of Bringing Lunches From Home” by checking out these super easy, portable, and unusual lunch recipes that will make everyone at your job/internship/class/whatever jealous. Not only will you get to eat a delicious vegetarian lunch you made yourself, but you will end up saving tons of money.

1. Traditional Vegetable Wrap

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Peter Yu

Healthy and filling, the most basic and solid lunch you could bring.

2. Lemon Basil Walnut Pesto Pasta

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Jake Popescu

Make a batch of this pesto pasta the night before and you’ll have plenty of food to bring to lunch for the week to come. Plus, pesto tastes good both cold and warm, thus making it the ideal pasta sauce for a lunchtime meal.

3. Summer Chopped Salad

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Elizabeth Layman

It’s surprisingly easy to transport salads, just toss the vegetables and whatnot into a tupperware container and put your mixed up dressing in another container (or even a baggie) and you’re good to go. 

4. Roasted Eggplant and Goat Cheese Panini

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Alana Babington

This is not just any sandwich, this is a f*cking delicious sandwich. The eggplant and goat cheese will take your lunch game to a whole other level.

5. Strawberry Caprese Salad

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Sofia Gonzalez

This fresh salad will fill you up and keep you feeling all summery as you’re on the go.

6. Deconstructed Sushi in a Jar

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Gabby Phi

Easy, cool, and delicious? Sign me up.

7. Corn and Kale Salad

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Chelsea Ayukawa

Another healthy alternative that will also rock your tastebuds.

8. Summer Rolls

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Amanda Shulman

Summer rolls are not only amazing because they taste amazing, but you can prep all the ingredients for them one night and then just make them when needed during the week, making them the perfect little lunch you can just throw together in the morning.

9. Mashed Chickpeas Salad

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Alyssa Loebig

Tuna salad? Hell no. Rather, say hell yes to chickpea salad.

10. Tempeh Kale Salad

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Katherine Baker

This salad is packed with protein and is guaranteed to keep you alive and well as you go throughout your day.

11. Black Bean Burger

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Parisa Soraya

Veggie burgers are awesome because you can make a bunch of them and then freeze them indefinitely, perfect for when you want to be able to grab one for your lunch. Make a bunch of these and then you’ll always have a quick meal ready to go.

12. Avocado Egg Salad

vegetarian lunches

Photo by Paige Marie Rodgers

Why have normal egg salad when you can have egg salad with avocado in it? Healthy and delicious.