After the holidays, the sweet, caffeinated beverages that have graced the menus of coffee chains around the country feel old and sad. The peppermint, pumpkin, and toasted white chocolate flavors are only a harsh reminder that the best parts of winter are gone. The colorful twinkling lights have turned off and the crisp aromas of pine has faded. All that's left is the slush and frigid cold of January, February, and March.

Luckily, Starbucks is saving the last months of winter with a returning crowd favorite — the Pistachio Latte. This sugary treat was added to the post-holiday menu two years ago, and people on social media loved it. I tried it this year and can confirm it's still worth the hype. I was worried the drink wouldn't have enough pistachio flavor, but after a stir to distribute the syrup that sunk to the bottom, the nuttiness of the pistachio mixed with the warmth of the brown butter topping and slight bitterness of the espresso reminded me that winter isn't so bad.

Also gracing the winter menu is a new addition, the Pistachio Cream Cold Brew. It's the classic Starbies cold brew you know and love with vanilla syrup, pistachio cream cold foam, and salted brown butter sprinkles. The sweetness from this one  comes from the pistachio cold foam, allowing the coffee to shine through. It's for the people who *actually* like to taste coffee in their coffee or for the "iced coffee season is every season" people (me, as my hand quakes holding a freezing cup in 30-degree-weather).

The last things to look forward to from Starbucks is the red velvet loaf, a delicious vanilla cake swirled with classic red velvet cake and topped with white chocolatey icing. If you're more of a whole bean person, three new selections will be available in stores. Starbucks Tribute Blend is available at all Starbucks stores. Starbucks Reserve Guatemala Lake Atitlan and Starbucks Reserve Ethiopia Yirgacheffe Chelelektu are available at select Starbucks stores and Starbucks Reserve locations. 

All these menu items are available starting today for a limited time, so throw on some extra layers and get to your nearest Starbucks!