I get why slutty desserts might seem anti-feminist. Slut is a harsh term, often used to insult women who "sleep around." But if you think about it, there’s nothing actually wrong with the word itself.

The word “slut" only becomes problematic when we use it to degrade women. By teaching women that sex devalues them, using “slut” as an insult makes women feel guilty for having any sex, even with a single partner. It also leads predators to believe that women who dress or ask promiscuously “deserve” to be assaulted because they aren’t “good” girls.

Trying to push the word slut out of our vocabulary will only make it more taboo. It will increase the negativity surrounding women who choose to act on their sexual desires. Instead, we need to give the word more power.

cheesecake, cookie, cream, dough
Julia Poorvu

Giving “slut” a positive connotation will help women feel confident about having sex with as many (or as few) different people as they want. It will also help fight the notion that a women’s sexual choices can justify assaulting her.

And I can think of no better way to celebrate the word “slut” than through the power of food. These irresistibly indulgent desserts give the word “slut” the positive connotation it deserves. So go ahead and give these recipes a try; after all, it’s for the sake of feminism. 

1. The Ultimate Slutty Brownie

chocolate, cake
Analiese Trimber

Slutty brownies started as a three layer dessert: chocolate chip cookie, Oreo, and brownie. But the best part about being slutty is that you don’t have to conform to arbitrary rules that limit how you express yourself. So this ultimate slutty brownie went ahead and added peanut butter, because why not? 

2. Marshmallow Slutty Brownies

chocolate, cake, brownie, cream, sweet, pudding, pastry, fudge, candy
Alison Mally

If you’ve got an allergy, there’s also peanut-free ways to mix up your slutty brownie. This recipe calls for marshmallow fluff instead of peanut butter, so you’re in the clear. There’s truly a slutty brownie out there for everyone.

3. Slutty Samoa Brownie Cups

chocolate, cake
Jordan Gottlieb

Why stick to the same old Oreo all the time? Oreos may be great, but sometimes you've got to change it up a little to keep it fun. Spice up your kitchen life by trying this innovative take on the classic slutty brownie. Samoas just make everything better. 

4. Everything Slutty Brownies

candy, chocolate, sweet, corn
Kelley Buck

If you can’t choose just one of these recipes, then throw anything and everything you want into the mix. There’s no limit to what you can put in a slutty brownie. What you choose to put in your brownie (and what you choose to do with your body) is entirely up to you.

5. Slutty Cupcakes

cake, chocolate
Chelsea Hawk

You can also break the mold entirely by making a completely different kind of dessert. These slutty cupcakes are just as good as any brownie. Some people might even like these cupcakes better. We’re not judging your preferences. 

6. Slutty Rice Krispies Treats

cake, chocolate, candy, sweet, sprinkles, rice
Amanda Shulman

This recipe just proves that there’s more than one way to step out of the box. If brownies and cupcakes can be slutty, why not Rice Krispies Treats? At the end of the day, they all make for some crave-worthy desserts. 

7. Chocolate-Covered Slutty Rice Krispies Treats with Oreos and Reese’s

I’ll just leave this supreme slutty Rice Krispies Treat here for you to drool over. Feminism never looked so delicious.