Steak 'n Shake milkshakes are some of the best that fast food has to offer. They're inexpensive, generously portioned, and delicious. With so many to choose from, sometimes it's hard to decide which to order. Luckily, I narrowed down the extensive list down to 11 of the best flavors currently available at Steak 'N Shake.

11. Mint Cookies 'N Creme

Starting off the list is the Mint Cookies 'N Creme flavor. It's a known fact that mint creme Oreos are one of the best Oreos out on the market (as seen in this definitive ranking). Put it into a milkshake, and you get a creamy, minty drink with satisfying chunks of Oreo cookie. 

10. Orange Freeze

Looking for a more refreshing treat? Steak 'n Shake's got you. The orange freeze flavor tastes like those creamsicles you used to buy from the ice cream truck as a kid during the summer, so it's oddly nostalgic. Added bonus? It's one of the lower-calorie options, so you won't feel too guilty after indulging in this Steak 'n Shake milkshake.

9. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough

If you're someone who devours raw cookie dough on the sly (no shame in that! I'm one of those people too), then you're going to love this Steak 'n Shake milkshake. Every sip and bite has pieces of cookie dough and chocolate. How can you not love that?

8. Peanut Butter

Perfect for PB fanatics, this milkshake packed with creamy peanut butter flavor plays perfectly with the sweet vanilla ice cream and whipped cream. Unlike many other peanut butter treats, it's not too rich, so you'll be thoroughly satisfied but not slumped from the sugar high.

7. Black Raspberry Chocolate Chip

Chocolate and raspberry is a classic flavor combination. The tart raspberries and the decadent chocolate all come together so well. Steak 'n Shake has mastered this beloved combo in their milkshake, infusing fresh raspberries with dark chocolate to create an irresistible treat.

6. Strawberry Cheesecake

Available for only a limited time, the strawberry cheesecake flavor is one you must try. With fresh pieces of juicy strawberries and rich cheesecake bites, it's a hybrid of two of the best desserts: milkshakes and cheesecake.

5. Nutella

There's not much explanation needed for this choice. It's a Nutella-based shake topped with whipped cream and even more Nutella. It's chocolatey and nutty and ridiculously tasty. Nutella can do no wrong, and certainly not in this creation.

4. Any of the side-by-side creations

The side-by-side Steak 'n Shake milkshakes are revolutionary. It's two flavors in one, separated in a neat line down the middle of the glass, hence its name. You choose two flavors of the classic four: strawberry, chocolate, banana, and vanilla. And because it's really up to customization, you can choose to drink your milkshake as you please. No matter what you get, you're bound to have a unique, delectable experience.

3. Salted Caramel Pretzel

I'm a sucker for salted caramel anything. There's something about the sweet caramel balanced by the salt that gets me every time. Steak 'n Shake raises the stakes by adding pieces of pretzels along with salted caramel sauce, intensifying the flavors and thus your love for all things salted caramel.

2. Dark Chocolate

Sometimes simple hits the spot. The dark chocolate flavor is a "classic" on the menu, so it's about $1 cheaper than "speciality" flavors, but that doesn't mean that it's any less delicious. In fact, it's one of the best on the menu. Made of Hershey's dark chocolate, you know you're drinking a shake made of quality ingredients and nothing less. For $2.99, it's a steal.

1. Birthday Cake

At the top of the list is the birthday cake flavor. Created to celebrate Steak 'n Shake's 80th birthday, it's a special luxury worthy of every occasion. A slice of creamy yellow cake is blended with vanilla ice cream and buttercream frosting and then topped with festive sprinkles. Funfetti has never tasted so good.

Nothing competes with a Steak 'n Shake milkshake. From original to specialty, decadent to refreshing, and everything in between, no matter what you get, you're guaranteed a sweet dessert and smile.