I used to think there was no such thing as a bad pizza until I came to Asia and came across pizzas topped with mayonnaise, tuna, corn, and even sweet potatoes. These pizzas (if they even deserve to be called that) even made the monstrosity that is Hawaiian pizza look tame in comparison. Not wanting to force myself to eat tomato covered cardboard every time I had a pizza in Bangkok I decided to seek out pizza places that were actually good, and I actually managed to find some! Whether you're heading to Thailand for vacation or happen to live here like I do, this is the list to turn to if you're looking to get your pizza fix — you're welcome! 

Pizza Massilia

Tessa Domzalski

Address: 1/8 Sukhumvit Soi 49

Closest public transportation: BTS Thonglor

With amazing pizza and pasta dishes made with the freshest ingredients, Pizza Massilia is one of Bangkok's most popular pizza joints with three different locations all over town. PS: Their location in Ruam Rudee offers gluten-free pizza that tastes just like the "real" stuff, so you can still enjoy pizza in Bangkok even if you have a gluten allergy!

Ciao Pizza

Tessa Domzalski

Address: Silom Soi 3

Closest public transportation: BTS Chong Nonsi

Say "ciao" to the perfect lunchtime pizza joint. Located in Silom, this restaurant has a chef who is not only native to Napoli, but his pizza dough is also one-of-a-kind, taking about 48 hours to make. With a variety of pizza options ranging from a classic margherita to more inspired specials you'll be order a pizza that satisfies any craving. 

Peppina

Tessa Domzalski

Address: 27/1 Sukhumvit Soi 33

Closest public transportation: BTS Phrom Phong

The only pizza place in Thailand with a certification from the AVPN (The True Neapolitan Pizza Association), you're sure to get some authentically Italian pizza. Served the classic Napolitan way, you cut into Peppina's pizza with a fork and a knife and make your own slices. If you've got a sweet tooth you have to try their Nutella pizza (Nutella is Italian so it's still authentic). 

Oskar Bistro

Tessa Domzalski

Address: 24 Sukhumvit Soi 11

Closest public transportation: BTS Nana

Serving up a variety of Western dishes ranging from French to Italian to American, Oskar Bistro is one of those spots that is sure to have something for anyone. If pizza isn't your thing I highly recommend getting their truffle mac n cheese instead, it'll knock your socks off.

Da Vinci

Tessa Domzalski

Address: Rembrandt Hotel, 24 Sukhumvit Soi 11

Closest public transportation: BTS Asok

Hidden in the Rembrandt Hotel, this Italian eatery not only has one of the best free-flow wine buffets in Bangkok but also one of the best rooftop views. With a quaint and homey vibe it's going to feel like you're hanging out in the Italian countryside — the delicious food is just a bonus.