Don't get me wrong, Thai food is amazing. It's cheap, it's diverse, it's flavorful, but sometimes I wind up with a wicked craving for American food. Stuff like burgers, BBQ, fried chicken, lobster rolls — all the foods I take for granted when I'm in the States. When I'm traveling and start missing the familiar flavors of home I usually wind up at subpar chain restaurants, but at least you won't have to! I've compiled a list of American restaurants in Bangkok that are just as good (if not better) than what you could find back in the States. Check 'em out!

Roadhouse Barbecue

Tessa Domzalski

Address: 942/1 Rama IV

Closest public transportation: BTS Sala Daeng

One of the most authentically American restaurants on this list, Roadhouse is the perfect spot for anyone who loves barbecue and beer. Their ribs are slathered in a  BBQ sauce of their own creation and smoked to perfection. With classic American dishes like coleslaw, cornbread and buffalo wings on the menu you're going to feel like you're back in the States. 

Oskar Bistro 

Tessa Domzalski

Address: 24 Sukhumvit Soi 11

Closest public transportation: BTS Nana

While they serve up a variety of Western dishes like rib-eye steaks and wood oven pizzas, my go-to order at Oskar Bistro is actually their truffle mac and cheese. Loaded with four kinds of ooey-gooey cheese (that's right, four) you're going to fight for the last bite.

The Lobster Lab

Tessa Domzalski

Address: The COMMONS, 335 Thonglor Soi 17

Closest public transportation: BTS Thong Lo

With some of the freshest seafood in town, this spot is a must-visit for anyone who loves lobster. With four types of lobster rolls you can go for something classic like their signature Boston roll with truffle oil or try something with a bit of Thai-influence like the Chilli roll. 

Daniel Thaiger

Tessa Domzalski

Address: Sukhumvit Soi 11

Closest public transportation: BTS Nana

Starting as a simple food truck a few years back, Daniel Thaiger is now home to the most popular burgers in Bangkok. Inspired by the creator's L.A. roots. the West Coast-style burgers are cooked to perfection and stacked with flavor. Order the Cowboy burger with a lamb patty if you want a truly remarkable burger-eating experience. 

SpareParts in FooJohn Building

Tessa Domzalski

Address: 831 Charoen Krung 31 Alley

Closest public transportation: MRT Hua Lamphong

Hidden on the hippest street in Bangkok, SpareParts is sure to become on of your go-to hang out spots on your trip to Thailand. With gigantic BBQ platters, drool-worthy burgers and three types of mac n' cheese you're going to want to leave the skinny jeans at home. Just make sure to call ahead of time cus they tend to sell out! Head to the 2nd floor of the FooJohn Building on the weekends to listen to some impressive live jazz with equally impressive cocktails. 

Roast

Tessa Domzalski

One of Bangkok's most popular brunch spots, Roast serves amazing American dishes like pulled pork burgers, barbecued ribs and fried chicken. The restaurant actually has dishes from all over the world, including Mexico, France and Italy. Their huevos rancheros is the perfect size for sharing (although you won't want to).

Crab and Claw

Tessa Domzalski

Address: Siam Paragon, G Floor 

Closest Public Transportation: BTS Siam

Every dish at this restaurant involves seafood in some way, take the snow crab linguini or fish tacos as an example. They even serve gigantic crab and lobster boils, which come chock-full of  chorizo, corn, prawns and potatoes. With fresh ingredients and close attention to detail this is a must-visit for anyone who enjoys shellfish.

Fowlmouth

Tessa Domzalski

Specializing in Nashville fried chicken, Fowlmouth is perfect for poultry lovers and anyone who loves spice. The restaurant uses a variety of chilis to spice up their dishes including birds eye chilis, jabanero peppers, ghost peppers and even Carolina Reapers. If you like living on the wild side feel free to try their "death" chicken which has both ghost peppers and Carolina reapers in its batter. If you're more like me (aka: weak) go for their mild fried chicken instead. 

Clinton Street Baking Company

Tessa Domzalski

Address: Siam Paragon, G Floor 

Closest public transportation: BTS Siam

If you've ever been to NYC then odds are you've heard of Clinton Street Baking Company, one of New York's hottest breakfast spots. Famous for their blueberry pancakes and other heartwarming American comfort foods, CSBC is the perfect spot for anyone looking for a classic, no-frills breakfast while in Thailand. 

Holey Artisan

Tessa Domzalski

Address: 245/12 Sukhumvit Soi 31

Closest public transportation: BTS Asoke

This bakery-slash-eatery is known for making some of the best bread and pastries in Bangkok. A perfect start (and end) to the day, you can stop by Holey's for a good meal and a damn good cup of coffee, too. If you're a fan of BEC's (bacon, egg and cheese's) make sure to get The Sunshine sandwich, a beautiful creation loaded with smoked mozzarella, ham, bacon, and a fried egg. 

Le Cochon Blanc

Tessa Domzalski

Address: 26 Soi Phrom Chit, Sukhumvit 33

Perfect for a fancier night on the town, Le Cochon Blanc uses a giant fire pit to cook its dishes and with Maine lobster, gigantic tomahawk steaks, crab cakes and smoked Memphis-style BBQ ribs on the menu you'll feel like your're in meat-heaven. If meat isn't your thing don't fret, they have a vegan BBQ option made with jackfruit. PS: The mashed potatoes are the best I've ever had in my life. Get. Them.

Luka

Tessa Domzalski

Address: 64/3 Thanon Pan

Closest public transportation: BTS Chong Nonsi

If you're looking for a creative take on American cuisine, make sure to stop by Luka. Their dishes take inspiration from all over the world, changing them from ordinary to extraordinary (see what I did there?). Their breakfast burrito uses quinoa instead of rice while their chicken and waffles has a touch of Korean flair with kimchi and gojuchang.