All across the land of the free and home of the brave, Americans are chowing down on a blend of all different cuisines, which makes America the beautiful melting pot that it is. From coast to coast, America’s states each offer different types of specialty foods and have been reviewed on sites where people can rate their most beloved restaurants for quality of food. This will make it so that there will be no need to weed through the mediocre restaurants during your visits. Next time you find yourself passing through any of these states, here is a list of the best restaurants in every state so you know where to go.

1. Birmingham, Alabama: Highlands Bar & Grill

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @highlandsbarandgrill on Instagram

Located in the city of Birmingham, this restaurant is no stranger to raving reviews and prestigious awards. This restaurant offers a “French-inspired southern dinner” with a daily changing menu to keeps things fresh. Take note that if you do find yourself wanting to dine here it is best to make a reservation and wear appropriate attire as jackets for gentlemen are preferred.

2. Anchorage, Alaska: Glacier BrewHouse

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @gbrewhouseak on Instagram

Glacier BrewHouse is located in Anchorage Alaska. This restaurant is known for great seafood, peanut butter pie, a warm cozy environment and handcrafted ales.

3. Phoenix, Arizona: Little Miss BBQ

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @littlemissbbq on Instagram

Reviewed by many as “the best BBQ [they’ve] ever eaten,” this restaurant in Phoenix Arizona knows how to smoke and grill up brisket and pulled pork. If you go you may want to arrive early as it is very well known and tends to form long lines, but reviewers state it’s well worth it.

4. Little Rock, Arkansas: LuLu’s Rotisserie & Grill

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Serving up empanadas, fresh full salads, parilladas, and South American cocktails, this restaurant in Little Rock delights the need for a taste of zest in its community.

5. Los Angeles, California: Little Tart

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

While California is a large state that has a reputation for having pretty amazing (and often outlandish) restaurants, it’s hard to say which is the absolute best. However, there is a new restaurant of three months in Los Angeles that has topped the charts on Yelp with locals and travelers alike raving about the over the top burgers and hot dogs served in a quaint and homey environment.

6. Denver, Colorado: Fruition

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @fruitionrestaurant on Instagram

Serving beautifully plated gourmet meals that are so pretty you will want to just appreciate the aesthetics of the food before indulging in all the perfected paired and nuanced flavors of these rich dishes. If you are ever in Denver you may want to get in on theses goods.

7. Hartford, Connecticut: Salute

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of salutehartford.com

Serving Italian dishes and an array of seafood, this restaurant gets many glowing reviews for its friendly service and ability to feel intimate despite its crowded nature due to the great food.

8. Wilmington, Delaware: Juliana’s Kitchen

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of Juliana’s Kitchen On Facebook

Juliana’s Kitchen isn’t just known for serving the best Peruvian food in all of Delaware by Delaware Today – it has often been ranked as the best restaurant in the state. If you ever find yourself in Wilmington, make sure to stop by.

9. Miami, Florida: Cypress Tavern

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @cypresstavern on Instagram

A well-known restaurant in Miami for its prestigious chef Michael Schwartz, this restaurant definitely will not disappoint no matter what you order. The service will make you feel welcomed and well attended.

10. Atlanta, Georgia: Aviva by Kameel

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @jeanubb on Instagram

Titled the #1 restaurant in Georgia by Trip Advisor and Yelp, this Mediterranean grill is intent on giving you your veggies with healthy servings of sandwiches, soups, and salads, as well as a juice bar. While this restaurant only serves lunch, it is open as early as 7:30 am for all in the Atlanta area to get some juice.

11. Honolulu, Hawaii: Helena’s Hawaiian Food

Restaurant

photo courtesy of @helenashawaiianfood on Instagram

This restaurant, known well by locals as well as tourists due to its high ratings through many travel sites is located in Honolulu. Highly praised are the tuna and rib dishes.

12. Boise, Idaho: Chandler’s Steakhouse

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

A fine dining establishment in Boise that will serve you towers of tuna, duck, perfectly cooked steak and exquisite desserts to end your meal.

13. Chicago, Illinois: Girl & The Goat

Restaurant

photo courtesy of @daavilag on Instagram

While reading reviews amongst all different sites one will see over and over, “there is a reason it takes months to get in restaurant seating…” Besides having amazing food, this place excels at service and creates a welcoming environment. One review even asks, “are any more reviews even necessary? (Currently at 5,020 on yelp and 1,879 on Trip Advisor) This place is just plain excellent and one of the few that met the hype.” Now you know to book reservations ASAP if you are headed to Chicago anytime soon.

14. Indianapolis, Indiana: Tinker Street

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @chamberlainveronica on Instagram

In Indianapolis, this restaurant is known for flavorful dishes such as the most-Instagrammed pork belly dish; it’s probably delish, but we know it’s pretty. This dish comes flavored with kimchi, placed on forbidden rice, drizzled with sorghum glaze, and topped off with a farm egg.

15. Des Moines, Iowa: The Flying Mango

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of The Flying Mango on Facebook

This restaurant is known as a hotspot in Des Moines for it one of a kind combination of Southern dishes, Cajun and Creole, and barbecue. The restaurant owners are also very passionate about the arts and often have music and dining events occasionally in the evenings where budding artists are set to perform, however, tickets must be purchased to attend. The walls of the Flying Mango are also styled with art by local artists they support.

16. Wichita, Kansas: Public at the Brickyard

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Besides having great food, this restaurant is overall one where you just want to be. Its atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable and the food isn’t too out there but still packs flavor. This is an ideal place for group dinners or a casual place with great food to take friends.

17. Louisville, Kentucky: Jack Fry’s

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

A classic restaurant established in the 1930’s by Jack Fry and his wife Flossie. The restaurant became a bit of a sports hangout and today it still has the classic feel with walls adorned in old photos of men in suits hanging out at the racetrack. The restaurant, located in Louisville, is one that takes pride in the presentation and taste of the food. For this, Jack Fry’s has been often noted and awarded in many publications, including The New York Times.

18. New Orleans, Louisiana: Restaurant Rebirth

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @restaurantrebirth on Instagram

Located in New Orleans this restaurant, no doubt, serves great creole food. It is relatively new, however almost every online review started with a personal recommendation.

19. Portland, Maine: Back Bay Grill

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

A seaside restaurant that serves highly-rated fresh seafood, as well as many other gourmet dishes such as lavender-marinated duck breast. With a friendly and attentive staff, this restaurant is one that will always make you feel welcomed.

20. Baltimore, Maryland: Woodberry Kitchen

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @woodberrykitchen on Instagram

The Woodberry Kitchen prides itself on using organic and local ingredients. This restaurant is one that looks exactly as it sounds. It has cozy, orange tinted lighting, big wood tables, and brick walls. The atmosphere is comfortable and the food is delicious, which is why business is booming at this Baltimore restaurant.

21. Boston, Massachusetts: Neptune Oyster

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of neptuneoyster.com

This restaurant’s specialty is in the name, although they serve excellent seafood of all kinds. They have such good oysters they even put them on their sandwiches. There may be a bit of a wait, but this restaurant has some good eats if you are in the area and craving some seafood.

22. Detroit, Michigan: Wright & Co.

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Located in Detroit, this restaurant doesn’t take reservations so it tends to turn into quite the scene as people gather and mingle at the bar while waiting for a table. Wright & Co. is widely known for their small plates with big flavor.

23. St. Paul, Minnesota: Joan’s in the Park

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of Joan’s in the Park on Facebook

This restaurant’s gourmet food has won numerous awards. And while the flavors are savory and delicious, they don’t come at an exorbitant price, as nothing is over $35 on the main menu, with all salads averaging $13 and desserts at $9.

24. Jackson, Mississippi: The Pig & Pint

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @thepigandpint on Instagram

A place that’s all about having some barbecue in one hand and a cold beer in the other. This restaurant is located in the Jackson area for all of those who need this in their lives.

25. Kansas City, Missouri: Q39

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @q39kc on Instagram

Q39 is a finger-licking good type of barbecue restaurant that also features a large menu with plenty of soups and salads as well.

26. Billings, Montana: Uberbrew

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Uberbrew is a brewery that is known for its handcrafted beers with its most popular menu item being the beer sample. When ordered you will get a wooden arc with four glasses of beers to sample. They are also known to have great burgers, such as their chipotle burger. They are a common stop in Billings for those wanting to try their custom beers, or for those who just want some great comfort food.

27. Omaha, Nebraska: Modern Love

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @modernloveomaha

This restaurant is thriving off of Omaha’s amazement at how delicious vegan food can actually be. Described on their website as “swanky vegan comfort food,” this little restaurant in Omaha serves the pretty food that the majority of the most popular Instagram accounts snap for their gallery.

28. Las Vegas, Nevada: J Karaoke Bar

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of j-karaoke.site

What can you expect from a place that’s known for its partying? The highest rated restaurant is a karaoke bar. What makes J Karaoke Bar so highly rated, besides the fun atmosphere, is how great the food is.

29. Manchester, New Hampshire: The Dancing Lion Chocolate

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @dancinglionchocolate on Instagram

While it’s mainly known for the ridiculously good chocolates and other sweets, this unique shop has much more to offer including a café that serves sandwiches and other delicious items. The Dancing Lion also offers classes where you can make your own chocolate and learn more about it. They even make crazy custom chocolate orders for weddings, such as ring boxes made out of chocolate, paintings made almost 100 percent out of chocolate and tablets with the vows carved into the chocolate and painted gold. Definitely a bucket-list place.

30. Newark, New Jersey: Casa d’ Paco

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @casa_dpaco on Instagram

This restaurant is all about bringing the seafood with some spice. Located in Newark, the restaurant is in a former house, so when you walk into the newly transformed and renovated restaurant it already has that comforting homey feel. The tapas that they serve change regularly so every time you go there will always be something new to try.

31. Albuquerque, New Mexico: Guava Tree Café

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

In Albuquerque, this little restaurant has great Caribbean and Latin American-inspired food. With many Cuban type sandwiches and avocados in most of their food, this place definitely has the delicious lunch thing down.

32. New York City, New York: Los Tacos Market No.1

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @yelpnyc on Instagram

While New York is the place to go to try some of the craziest and most talked about foods, currently holding the spot for the best place to grab a bite is Los Tacos Market No. 1 which is inside Chelsea Market in New York City.

33. Charlotte, North Carolina: The Fig Tree Restaurant

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @thefigtreerestaurant on Instagram

Known as a local treat, the Charlotte fine dining restaurant offers an award winning and extensive wine menu. They also offer escargot, which has had many rave reviews. The staff is known to be very attentive and considerate, and will cater to any of your needs. You can also order off of the full menu at the bar, so many have stated they enjoy meeting at the bar after work with friends.

34. Fargo, North Dakota: Nichole’s Fine Pastry

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @kaylamatteson on Instagram

A small café in Fargo known better for its pastries also has a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner menu. It is the perfect place to have a light brunch or breakfast with friends to make your day a little brighter.

35. Columbus, Ohio: Z Cucina Di Spirito

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @larrygriffie on Instagram

A Columbus restaurant that doesn’t look like much in the front but has a warm and inviting bar and dining area. Known as a “neighborhood restaurant with edge” with multiple certificates of excellence, this is a great place for group meals and casual date nights with good food.

36. Oklahoma City, Oklahoma: Nic’s Grill

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @dfromdtown on Instagram

This is a burger spot in Oklahoma City that has multiple reviews of people claiming the best burger they ever had was at this very restaurant. These burgers definitely leave an impression on those who have had them before and are most definitely worth trying for anyone in the area.

37. Portland, Oregon: Veritable Quandary

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @bearracuda

Veritable Quandary is one of the oldest and most loved restaurants in the city of Portland. While the name is unique, just like the city, the restaurant itself has a very classic look. It is mainly a steakhouse, however, they have plenty of options for those with dietary restrictions. It is also a wonderful brunch spot, but fills up fast so be sure to make reservations or you may be waiting at the bar. The bummer news is this restaurant is closing in 2016 to be reconstructed into a courthouse. So if in the area, make sure to try it while it’s still around.

38. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania: Gaucho Parilla Argentina

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @eat_gaucho on Instagram

Located in Pittsburgh’s strip district, this restaurant has very affordable food that tastes just as good as most fine dining restaurants. Most dishes come served on a platter with an array of side sauces and dips for you to fix according to your own taste. The presentation of the food may sound elaborate, but is nothing too fancy and will make it nearly impossible not to dig in right away.

39. Providence, Rhode Island: Los Andes Restaurant

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @los_andes_restaurant_ri

Located in Providence, Rhode Island, this is a crowd favorite serving Peruvian cuisine that’s been ranked number one due to their extremely accommodating staff as well as the huge portions that tables are encouraged to share Almost every review from a local says that they always tell out-of-towners and friends to go to Los Andes and often visit themselves because they cannot get enough.

40. Columbia, South Carolina: Southern Belly BBQ

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

While it may look rough on the outside, many reviews have said to not judge this place by its look. It’s super cozy and many go out of their way just to get some of this BBQ in their life.

41. Sioux Falls, South Dakota: Phnom Penh Restaurant Asian Cuisine

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

A small restaurant tucked away in a strip mall in Sioux Falls, many have walked in hungry and skeptical but continued on due to the many recommendations. Upon leaving there is almost always a happy customer and a new kind review posted online in favor of this Cambodian cuisine.

42. Memphis, Tennessee: Gus’s World Famous Hot and Spicy Fried Chicken

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @devinagrace on Instagram

Even though this restaurant is known to have more than one location, the Memphis restaurant is known as the #1 Fried Chicken place in the States. There’s a reason the words “world famous” are in the name. This place really knows how to fry up some chicken. Make sure to stop by if you are ever in the area.

43. Houston, Texas: Yoyo’s Hot Dog

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @quannie.vsh on Instagram

The best place to grab a bite to eat if you’re in Houston is actually a hotdog stand. It has received plenty of five star ratings and has racked up many frequent customers. Yoyo’s Hot Dog often delights customers when they serve strange toppings such as cream cheese, which many have stated they surprisingly loved.

44. Salt Lake City, Utah: Valter’s Osteria

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @lochnesssie on Instagram

Valter’s Osteria is an Italian restaurant in Salt Lake City with a friendly vibe. Many have gone into this restaurant alone eager to try the food due to the high rated reviews and had a great time socializing at the bar. The food is also highly rated as authentic Italian cuisine and has won awards numerous times.

45. Burlington, Vermont: Hen of the Wood

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @blueduckphilly on Instagram

Hen of the Wood is an “upscale rustic” restaurant in Burlington that is noted for “capturing the essence of an entire region.” No stranger to five star ratings from happy customers, one reviewer even wrote, “I never knew food could taste so good!”

46. Virginia Beach, Virginia: Blue Seafood & Spirits

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of yelp.com

Known for having phenomenal seafood across the board, this restaurant in Virginia Beach, Virginia is one to mark on the map for a visit. The staff is very friendly and the chef himself will often come out to ask about the food and see that you are well attended to.

47. Seattle, Washington: Canlis

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @canlisrestaurant on Instagram

Canlis is a cozy fine dining restaurant that also likes to title itself as the “most trusted private event venue in the city”. It has three private event rooms that are wrapped around in windows for a beautiful 180 degree view. They are the location for many of Seattle’s rehearsal dinners, presidential dignitaries, and family reunions. Next time you have a special event or want a cozy environment and amazing fine dining for date night try Canlis.

48. Charleston, West Virginia: Pies & Pints

Restaurant

Photo Courtesy of @piesandpints on Instagram

Pies & Pints is a well-known pizza place in Charleston that knows how to make the ‘za. It’s famous for its novelty homemade pizzas as well as its super fun atmosphere. Among some of the most highly-rated pies are the Gorgonzola and Grape Pizza as well as the Thai Pizza consisting of shrimp, coconut, Thai curry sauce, lime, cilantro, and basil. This place may not have your average pies, but is definitely worth a try.

49. Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Glorioso’s Italian Market

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @andagnome on Instagram

Who would have thought a market in Milwaukee would be rated as the best place to get food in Wisconsin? Many reviewers rave over the fact that the food is fresh and you can get something to go or you can order and eat there as well. No matter what is purchased you won’t be disappointed.

50. Cheyenne, Wyoming: Rib & Chop House

Restaurant

Photo courtesy of @theribandchophouse on Instagram

Wyoming’s Rib & Chop House in the city of Cheyenne has a friendly staff that is also very knowledgeable, not just about the food, but the history of Cheyenne itself. This creates a comfortable and even charming environment for the guests. They serve lunch and dinner and have a separate gluten free menu for guests as well.