2016 was a year of breaking news and debates not just in the political and economical front but in the entertainment industry too. One of which also included the argument around Karan’s grand offering – Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. It made me so hungry, and hunger led me to pizza. Combine the two, and you get this article which uses mozzarella-addled brain cells to create unique pizza logic.

Scroll ahead to find out whether your preferences for this heavenly Italian treat match with the Karan Johar character you secretly adore:

1. Margherita: Rahul from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

pizza, crust, cheese, dough, sauce, pie, pastry, tomato, meat
Vishesh Monga

We were all once in love with the insanely-cool Rahul who morphed from a GAP-wearing, basketball-wielding hippy into a surefire DILF in the second half of the movie. Plus, he gave us this gem: “Hum ek baar jeete hai, ek baar marte hai… aur pyar ek baar hi hota hai.”

Going by his reasoning, pizza topping bhi ek hi honi chahiye. #SeemsLegit

2. Hawaiian: Bunny from Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani

pizza, bacon
Vishesh Monga

Eccentric and experimentative, the character of Bunny was a free spirit like no other. It stands to reason that his pizza preferences be just as wild as he was – and what can be crazier than pineapple on pizza?

3. Cheese Burst: Simran from I Hate Luv Storys

Simran loved 'luv storys'. She loved flowers. She loved wearing white saris in the rain. She loved DDLJ. She loved her oh-so-romantic boyfriend (whose name was Raj, by the way). Most of all, she loved larger-than-life, glossy, cinematic situations; and her life was chock full of them. 

Simran's existence was a total cheese fest, and no pizza sums it better than the Cheese Burst.

4. Paneer/Chicken Tikka/ Keema: The Maa

pizza, chicken, cheese
Vishesh Monga

If you just have to mix up your naan-style dough with uber-desi variants like paneer or chicken tikka, then the character you resonate most with is the beloved ‘Maa’.

And KJ’s cinema simply cannot exist without a Cine-maa adorning the screen with her sarees, traditional tastes, puja, and in the case of Punjabi moms in Dostana and Two-States – an odd obsession with chicken.

5. Chocolate Pizza: Rohit Patel from Kal Ho Na Ho

Saif Ali Khan's ultimate chocolate boy role left thousands of girls (and guys) swooning and drooling after Kal Ho Na Ho released. He was suave, unbelievably good looking, awkwardly charming, impeccably dressed, and ended up making metrosexuality a norm among Indian men. 

Ooey-gooey Chocolate Pizza; topped with marshmallows, strawberries, cookies, chocolate sauce, brownie chunks and ice-cream is the perfect translation of Rohit's yummy character into pizza.

6. Veggie Surprise/Marinara: Shanaya from Student of the Year

pizza, cheese, meat, vegetable, sauce, pepper, nachos, onion, tomato
Vishesh Monga

SOTY’s Shanaya was the ultimate diva; she looked amazing in every scene. But one cannot pull off that Radha-esque lehenga choli or that little red dress while hogging pizza every day, although we do try.

Marinara pizza is made sans cheese, and definitely sounds like something Shanaya would treat herself to.

7. Exotica: Saba from Ae Dil Hai Mushkil

pizza, mozzarella, crust
Vishesh Monga

Aishwarya exudes an oomph-filled maturity, sex appeal and élan as Saba the Urdu poetess in ADHM.

“Main kisi ki zaroorat nahin, khwaish banna chahti hoon,” she mouths in the film and that’s exactly what ordering the Exotica pizza with its olives, red peppers, jalepenos, balsamic vinegar, and baby corn is all about.

8. Thin Crust: The Entire Cast of Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna

With flaky, one-dimensional leads who cheat on their equally one-dimensional spouses for no real reason, the hugely-annoying characters from Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna definitely bring to our mind the crispy thin crust of New York style pizzas.

9. Deep Dish: No one, really

crust, tomato, pizza
Vishesh Monga

Few can resist a slice Chicago style pizza with its buttery crust, slightly sweet tomato sauce, and massive layer of cheese that typically goes no less than 2 inches deep. 

Sadly, I couldn't find a single character with more than an ounce of depth in KJ's movies. Its true that his characters are freakishly lovable at times, but you never need to dig too deep to figure out what they are trying to convey. 

10. Meat Lover’s: Kunal and Sam from Dostana

bacon, mozzarella, pineapple, chicken, cheese, pizza
Vishesh Monga

Because, you know – reasons.