Baking can be hard. It can be draining and requires an extraordinary amount of patience—especially during those agonizing moments waiting for the timer to go off. You also need to have the right equipment and kitchen space, which college life does not allow the luxury of. So how are you to make your favorite desserts? Don't fret—here's a roundup of no-bake chocolate desserts that are budget-friendly and sure to wow any crowd. 

1. No-Bake Girl Scout Cookie Truffles

cake, chocolate, cream
Pauline Wizig

Girl Scout cookie sales are the only reason why I get out of bed in the winter. I live and breathe Thin Mints. This Girl Scout truffle recipe takes them to the next level by turning them into adorable chocolatey bites. It may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think about eating Girl Scout cookies, but trust me when I say there is no better way to enjoy this colorful, minty snack. 

2. No-Bake Cookie Dough Chocolate Cups

chocolate, candy, sweet, milk, goody, cream, coffee, truffle, sweetmeat, cake, milk chocolate
Luna Zhang

Step aside Reese’s, these cookie dough cups are about to steal the show. No eggs are used in the recipe, so feel free to consume these treasures to your heart's content. If you still want that classic peanut butter taste, you can add it to your cookie dough recipe. You can also use cinnamon to make snickerdoodle dough, white chocolate coating instead of dark, or cute sprinkles to add a touch of color. A completely customizable dessert—what’s not to love?

3. No-Bake Zebra Cake

Amy Jiang

It’s time to revisit your favorite childhood snack. Not a day went by when this was not stuffed in the corner of my lunchbox in elementary school. With only four ingredients, this no-bake zebra cake is both affordable and easy to make. The chocolate stripes add a note of sweetness and satisfaction—it really can’t get better than this.

4. Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

chocolate, cream, sweet, pistachio, dairy product, mint, candy
Amanda Chong

This no-churn mint chocolate chip ice cream is a refreshing way to cool down and get away from boring ice cream cups and tasteless popsicles. Using a small selection of staple ingredients, this ice cream only takes five minutes to make (minus freezing time) and is a great way to whip up a quick dessert without dragging yourself to the store. 

5. No-Bake Marshmallow Cookies & Cream Bars

Francesca Rinaldo

Need to throw together a delectable dessert in a pinch? This is the recipe for you. Oreos, marshmallows, and butter come together to create this beautifully simple masterpiece in just 15 minutes. These cookies and cream bars are the perfect treats to share with family, friends, and roommates (or yourself—their irresistibility makes it impossible for you to take them out of the kitchen untouched). No matter who you share them with, you can't go wrong with these heavenly squares.

6. Chocolate Chip Cookie and Nutella Ice Box Cake

chocolate, cake, cream, pie, sweet
Clarisse Callahan

A cake you don’t have to bake and an excuse to eat more Nutella? Sign me up. In addition to its wonderful efficiency, the “cake” part of this icebox cake is actually chocolate chip cookies dunked in milk. I’m going to repeat that for you—chocolate chip cookies dunked in milk. Its luscious layers of Cool Whip and creamy Nutella also contribute to the myriad of unique textures present in this innovative and addicting treat.

There's no easier way to indulge than to snatch this out of the freezer and eat your heart out. Just take a look at the recipe and give it a shot. Your tastebuds will thank you later.

7.  No-Bake Oreo Cookie Butter Balls

chocolate, truffle, butter, peanut
Emily Gordon

Behold the holy grail of no-bake chocolate desserts. Cookie butter and Oreos are great by themselves, but when you combine them you’ll experience an entirely different realm of OTT desserts. The initial crunch of the chocolate coating is complemented by a soft pillow of cookie butter, Oreo, and powdered sugar mixture. The best part of making these cookie butter balls (besides its incredible taste) is its simplicity. You can make these at a moment’s notice and be sure to satisfy any sweet tooth before the first craving hits.

8. No-Bake Chocolate Sunbutter Bars

Photo courtesy of Further Food

Although chocolate and peanut butter are a classic duo, it’s good to venture out and try new combos, especially with the variety of nut butters that are available today. Sunbutter is the perfect alternative to peanut butter—it gives you the same creamy texture, taste, and health benefits as peanut butter, but it’s safe for people with nut allergies and strict diets to eat.

These chocolate sunbutter bars are not only delicious, but healthy as well (and they happen to be gluten-free, low glycemic, and paleo). Excuse me while I shovel as many of these into my mouth as I can.

9. Cookies and Cream Dip

chocolate, milk, coffee, sweet, cream
Eileen Wang

Your favorite appetizer just got better. Chips and salsa talk a big game, but there’s no competing with this cookies and cream dip. With just a few on-hand ingredients, you can conjure this up in minutes and surprise your guests with a sweet twist on a classic party staple. It’s the dish of your dreams—cheap to make, easy to clean, and a chance to basically eat Oreo filling without having to dissect it from the cookie. 

10. Cookie DŌ NYC'S Edible Cookie Dough

ice cream, ice, cream, sprinkles, chocolate, cake, fudge
Sidney Uttam

There's no denying that edible cookie dough is one of the biggest food trends right now. Since it's been gaining a lot of attention recently, edible cookie dough has been popping up in new places like Cookie DŌ in New York City. You’ve probably heard about it on social media, and I have reason to believe its taste matches its insane popularity. It’s great for people who can snag some in the city, but for those of us who don’t live in New York, it feels like we’re missing out on something amazing. 

This homemade Cookie DŌ Edible Cookie Dough recipe brings the popular trend to your table, no matter where you live. It also only takes five minutes to make. F-I-V-E minutes. Say goodbye to store-bought cookie dough because you’ll never need it again.

11. 4-Ingredient Dark Chocolate Coconut Bars

chocolate, candy, sweet, goody, cream, toffee, cake, sweetmeat, pastry
Alyssa Rosello

They may not look like much, but these dark chocolate coconut bars are definitely worth noting. Only four ingredients are involved when bringing these bars to life, and most people have them in their pantry already. Plus, no baking is required, so you can keep a steady stock of these in your dorm to snack on. Each bite brings a bold new surprise and just the right amount of sweetness to instantly brighten your day. You'd better hold on tight to these—they'll be gone before you know it.

12. White Chocolate Almond Butter Cups

There are people love Reese’s cups and then there are people who are allergic. There's no in between. For anyone allergic to peanuts, white chocolate almond butter cups are the best way to see what everyone has been talking about for years. Even if you do like Reese’s, you’ll love these just the same. This recipe only uses three ingredients to create a vivid burst of flavor that will leave you wanting more. Don’t stop at white chocolate—you can even add matcha. These cups are nothing short of amazing, and they won’t fail to impress. 

13. No-Bake Chocolate Quinoa Cookies

The words chocolate and healthy don’t typically go together, but these chocolate quinoa cookies effortlessly channel each to create a lavish dessert without even having to open the oven door. Its fudgy interior is blanketed by a velvety, cookie-like texture containing chocolate, coconut, and a hint of almond. There’s only a bit of sweetener, so the dark, decadent flavors from the chocolate really become the star of this recipe. 

14. No-Bake Chocolate Eclair

Everybody needs a good chocolate eclair in their life. There are many recipes to choose from, but this is definitely the one to keep around. It is incredibly simple to make, so it’s perfect to bring for a potluck or impromptu dinner party. You may fool people into thinking this elegant dessert took hours to make, but in reality, the ease of the prep work is the secret ingredient to making the eclair taste world-class. 

15. 4-Ingredient Vegan Chocolate Mousse

Chocolate mousse is hands-down the fluffiest, airiest dessert you can have. You wouldn’t think it could get any lighter, but in this four-ingredient chocolate mousse recipe, it most certainly can. Believe it or not, it’s entirely plant-based, and since there are only four ingredients it's very inexpensive to prepare. Disclaimer: it’s ridiculously tasty and highly addictive—you won’t find another recipe to compare.

16. Classic Oreo Icebox Dessert

This Oreo icebox dessert brings a surge of joy with each layer you sink your teeth into. This takes dunking your Oreos in milk to a whole new level. Everything works together so smoothly to create a timeless treat that kids and adults alike will love; the textures, colors, and varying levels of sweetness make for a distinctly lovable and diverse dish. If you’re looking for an effortless yet luxurious sugary dessert to try, this one should be at the top of your list.

Whether you love baking or you’ve lost all faith in it, these no-bake chocolate desserts are guaranteed to restore hope. They’re there for you when you don't have many resources, like a stocked pantry or an oven in your dorm room. And they’re definitely there for you when you’re exhausted and need a swift, sugary pick-me-up.

These recipes will go easy on your wallet and time while requiring minimal effort by you. I don't know what we did to deserve no-bake chocolate desserts, but you deserve to treat yourself with one.