I don't care what anyone says, there isn't anything quite like having fresh McDonald's french fries and nuggets. I know it's terrible for you, blah, blah, blah, but in comparison to what college kids are already doing, it really isn't that bad. Or at least, IMHO.

I've been on this health kick and found myself really craving McDonald's. Naturally, my curiosity got the best of me, and I decided to try a couple of McDonald's Secret Menu Items. Now, the Mickey D's Secret Menu isn't as talked about, or even as official as the very real Starbuck's Secret Menu, but   I managed not have a heart attack or develop diabetes. That's a win for me, right?

1. The Infamous McGangBang

beef, sandwich, cheese, bacon, egg
Rachel Anne Ramos

Ingredients: a McDouble and a McChicken

Assembly: The double buns didn't work for me, so I decided to take just the chicken patty and place it between the hamburger patties instead.

Taste: The beef and chicken combo is the perfect pair. If you're feeling a bit famished, go for the McGangBang. 10/10 would recommend if you're not feeling the Big Mac.

2. The Land, Sea, and Air Burger

egg, sandwich, cheese, bacon
Rachel Anne Ramos

Ingredients: a McChicken, Filet-O-Fish, and a Cheeseburger

Assembly: Open the cheeseburger and discard the top bun. Then take the Filet-O-Fish and place it right on top. Next, take the McChicken and slap it on. 

Taste: Surprisingly, it tasted pretty good. I personally wasn't a fan of the texture of the fish, but overall, it gets two big thumbs up

3. McDonalds Style Fries and the Chicken McGriddle

cheddar, cheese
Rachel Anne Ramos

Ingredients: an order of french fries + Big Mac sauce and a Chicken McGriddle

Assembly: Take a heaping of fries and drench the big mac sauce right on top. It's basically a Mickey D's take on In-N-Out's Animal Style fries. 

Thoughts: I love the iconic sauce on Big Macs, but the sauce on fries alone is not what I expected it to be. The sauce tastes too tangy and the texture doesn't match well with the consistency of the fries.

Side note: thank goodness McDonalds started serving breakfast all day long. I noticed that the Chicken McGriddle from the secret menu actually made it to the official breakfast menu, and I knew I had to try it. I've decided it is hands down my new favorite thing at McDonalds. Just do yourself a favor and go get one. You won't be disappointed.

4. The Apple Pie McFlurry

milk, coffee, ice, chocolate, cream
Rachel Anne Ramos

Ingredients: a vanilla McFlurry and an Apple Pie

Assembly: McDonald's wouldn't blend the two together so I just decided to do the next best thing. I tore the apple pie into pieces, threw them in and mixed it together. 

Thoughts: This was my least favorite, sadly. Once the apple pie became cold, the texture just didn't mix well with the ice cream. I love both separately, but probably won't mix the two together again

Now that I have abused my body with McDonald's this week, it's safe to say I won't be eating it for quite a while. But seriously: listen to your inner gluttonous self. Don't be afraid to try these crazy concoctions. I highly suggest you try some to find a new favorite, because I know I did.