New Year's is a time when people make resolutions to be healthier and more fit, but at the same time it involves guzzling down copious amounts of champagne. If you were a little too ambitious with the amount of champagne that you purchased, you need to know what to do with the leftovers. Leftover champagne may not be fit to drink, but you can still use it to make a tasty meal.

If you woke up on New Year's Day cuddling a half-empty bottle of bubbly, you are not alone. You may not be able to stomach the thought of drinking it, so splash some into the recipes below instead. 

1. Champagne Cupcakes 

sweet, chocolate, cake
Julia Rosenbaum

If you ask me, anything is better in cupcake form. These cupcakes are perfect to eat before or after New Year's. You can indulge with them before you "give up sweets" or you can reward yourself after New Year's for sticking with your resolution for over 24 hours. 

2. Champagne Vinaigrette 

If you're trying to get into salads in the New Year, then this dressing will definitely help you stay on track. It's made with only five ingredients, so it's quick and easy to make. If you're trying to stick to your resolution, put down that ranch bottle and try out this healthier alternative. 

3. Strawberries and Champagne Cookies

sweet
Max Bartick

Whether you spent New Year's with your boo or alone on your couch, these cookies are a perfect way to continue the celebration. They're a great snack to have when you're Netflix and chilling and nursing your hangover the day after New Year's.

4. Prosecco Waffles

waffle, sauce
Becca Miller

In order to survive the morning after New Year's, there has to be brunch. These waffles have Prosecco in both the waffle and the sauce, so they will perfectly complement those bottomless mimosas

5. Eggs Benedict with Prosecco Hollandaise Sauce

peanut, ice, syrup, bacon, poutine, waffle
Becca Miller

If you're feeling more of a savory brunch vibe the day after New Year's, this recipe has your back. Hollandaise sauce might sound too ambitious to make while hungover, but this recipe makes it simple. 

6. Champagne Chicken Salad

If the previously mentioned baked goods don't fit into your resolution, then this chicken salad is the way to go. The champagne dressing is a lighter alternative to the usual heavy mayo-based dressing.

7. Strawberry and Champagne Pancakes

sweet, jam, toast
Caroline Early

Instead of hitting up the drive-thru for your hangover cure, try classing it up a bit with these pancakes. The champagne will not only give your pancakes some extra flavor, but it will also make them light and airy. 

8. Creamy Champagne Chicken

Let's face it, you've probably had champagne for breakfast and lunch, so you might as well continue on and have it for dinner too. This creamy chicken will comfort you so much that you'll forget all about your embarrassing drunk moments from the night before.

9. Chocolate Champagne Truffles

I always thought truffles were some fancy desserts that only chocolatiers made, but they're actually very simple. If you want your New Year's kiss to stick around, definitely make these for them.

10. Fettucine with a Champagne Cream Sauce

This recipe is a play on the classic fettucine alfredo. If you're looking for a way to jazz up the classic alfredo sauce, add some champagne for a surprising twist. 

11. Champagne Sugar Cookies

I thought buttercream couldn't possibly be made any better, but adding champagne to it definitely does just that. If you have leftover sugar cookies laying around from the holidays, spruce them up with that buttercream so that you can continue your indulgence.