Times are tough right now for many people throughout the world. Many people are out of work due to the current circumstances and getting food on the table is difficult for many families. However, King's Hawaiian is doing their part to help kids in need with their new initiative. 

King's Hawaiian Partners With No Kid Hungry 

This summer, King's Hawaiian has partnered with No Kid Hungry to provide up to 1.5 million meals to kids in need. In order to promote awareness of No Kid Hungry, King's Hawaiian has launched a new cookbook, "100 Delish Days of Summer." Not only does this cookbook host recipes for the whole family to enjoy, but also contains information about No Kid Hungry's Free Meal Finder

The book is available at grocery stores nationwide and online at KingsHawaiian.com

The cookbook includes recipes that are perfect for your next family gathering or socially distant pool party. We have two of the recipes available for you to try below!

King's Hawaiian Mini-BBQ Chicken Sliders

Photo Courtesy of King’s Hawaiian

-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts

-5 c root beer

-1 (18-oz) bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce

-Kosher salt

-Freshly ground black pepper

-1 (9-pack) KING’s HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Slider -Buns

-Prepared coleslaw

-Sliced dill pickles, to serve

Preparation:

1. In a large slow cooker, combine chicken and root beer. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through and extremely tender. Drain root beer.

2. Transfer chicken to a large bowl. Using two forks, shred chicken.

3. Stir in barbeque sauce. Cook on low for 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper.

4. Slice rolls in half horizontally. Divide shredded chicken between bottom buns, then top with a generous scoop of coleslaw and a pickle. 

King's Hawaiian Maui Burgers

Photo Courtesy of King’s Hawaiian

For the Shichimi Aioli: 

-¼ c mayonnaise

-½ tsp shichimi togarashi (Japanese red pepper seasoning, available in Asian grocery stores)

For the Burgers:

-1 ½ lbs ground beef

-¼ c. teriyaki sauce

-4 slices American cheese

-4 KING’s HAWAIIAN Original Hamburger Buns

-4 pineapple rings

-Sliced onion, for serving

-Sliced tomato, for serving

-Lettuce, for serving

-Pickles, for serving

Preparation:

1. Make shichimi aioli: In a small bowl, whisk mayonnaise with shichimi togarashi until smooth.

2. Preheat grill or grill pan to high. Form beef into 4 equal patties and brush patties all over with teriyaki sauce. Grill to desired doneness, about 4 minutes per side for medium, adding cheese during last minute of cooking.

3. Split KING’s HAWAIIAN Original Hawaiian Sweet Hamburger Buns, then toast on the grill. Grill pineapple slices until charred.

To assemble burgers, spread aioli on bottom buns, then top with burgers, onions, tomato, pineapple, lettuce, and pickles.