One my favorite parts about summer is the warm summer nights where the days are long and the sunsets are beautiful. Nights like these are the perfect opportunity to gather friends and loved ones for a wonderful summer soirée or birthday party by munching on appetizers, sharing a meal, laughing, and having fun together. Here’s a set list for everything you’ll need to make the night spectacular including a killer menu that’s sure to impress every guess. Best part? It’s all vegan. 

Appetizers

No party is complete without some great appetizers to start the evening off right. You can’t go wrong with these vegan stuffed mushrooms and cheesy vegan jalapeño poppers to please the savory crowd. For those with a sweet tooth, set out a bowl of mixed fruit and candied nuts for everyone to enjoy. One of my favorite fruit bowl combos includes blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries and sliced apple (occasionally drizzled with honey) and a squeeze of lemon juice to keep everything fresh. If you have the opportunity to go out and forage or pick berries you can save some cash and find some fun wild fruits like huckleberries, serviceberries, and blueberries to add to the dish.

Entrée

For the main meal try pairing this grilled corn salad with vegan chipotle ranch with the delicious quick and easy to make Alex’s Awesome Sourdough Vegan Margherita pizza. I was sent a sample of this pizza and was pleasantly shocked to find it to be one of the few plant-based pizzas I’ve actually loved, as the violife cheese is tasty, creamy, and melts into a tasty topping for this sourdough based pie. If you want to make it a little fancier, top with some roasted corn, mushrooms, and zucchini for additional summer flair. For some extra protein, you can always add roasted chickpeas to the salad as well. 

Drinks

cocktail, Sangria, lemon, peach, strawberry, juice, sweet, vegetable
Carolyne Su

No summer day is complete without some fun drinks to sip on during the meal. For your non-alcoholic folks set out some iced tea, kombucha, and sparkling water. Don’t forget the ice! You can even set out some garnishes like strawberries, lemons, and mint to add some extra flair. For those of age, try making this amazing white wine sangria recipe that’s sure to be a crowd pleaser. There are also a bunch of different fun summer cocktails and mocktails you can make for your guests to enjoy. Need some more inspiration? Check out this list

Dessert 

The best way to end the evening is on a sweet note. Whether you want to go bold with a vegan strawberry lemon cake that screams summer or something a bit more easy to throw together like a blueberry crisp with dairy free vanilla ice cream or some incredible vegan chocolate chip cookies, you really can’t go wrong.

Hopefully these suggestions gave you some inspiration for your next summer soirée or birthday bash. Whatever you decide to make or try be sure to pair the food with a killer summer playlist, some fun lights or picnic decor, and invite some friends to have an amazing night together.