When I was a little girl, Christmas was my favorite holiday. Although a lot of people would think it's because of the presents, my favorite part of the process was the baked goods. To this day, I still enjoy the baking and giving out cookies rather than receiving a gift. However, my favorite baked good was not your traditional cookie. My mom would make these toffee-coated chocolate bars called "Break-up bars" that would be devoured in less than a day. The sweetness of the chocolate and the saltiness of the saltine made the most perfect combination to my taste buds. Now, I'm sharing this family staple with you. This treat is especially easy to make, and you can cook it up for your crush this Valentine's Day to win him or her over. Let's get cooking!

Break-Up Bars

• Prep Time:2 hrs
  • Total Time:2 hrs 8 mins

• 2 Sticks Butter
  • 1 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1 Sleeve Saltines
  • 1 12 oz Bag Chocolate Chips

Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with Pam. Arrange saltines on foil.

Melt butter and brown sugar together. Boil for three minutes, stirring constantly.

Pour mixture over saltines. Bake for five minutes at 375°.

Remove the coated saltines from the oven. While hot, pour chocolate chips on top and spread evenly across.

Place your bars in the refrigerator and let them sit for two hours.

Break the chilled bars and enjoy!

If you want to spice up your recipe, swap out the chocolate chips for mint chips or peanut butter chips. Also, don't be afraid to top your break-up bar with a certain kind of nut (I recommend pecans) or even a little bit of sea salt. No matter how you make it, I'm sure you'll be gobbling it down.