Valentine's Day is around the corner, but you no longer have to run in the other direction. You can spend Valentine's Day with your true love (food), without blowing through all of the money in your wallet.  An affordable, romantic dinner for two (or one, if you're forever alone) is possible in the comfort of your own home.  

So, say goodbye to making Valentine's Day reservations a year in advance, and say hello to more money in your wallet.  Here is an idea for an epic dinner, dessert, table setting, and gift that all comes in at under $25 dollars.

Disclaimer: Prices were estimated based off of Walmart's listings, but depending on where you go to get these items, the entire evening should still come out to be less than 25 or 30 dollars. 

Dinner

Let's face it, we have all wanted our very own Lady and the Tramp spaghetti and meatball moment. Although I would advise against reenacting it in a restaurant, because you might get some weird looks (unless you're into that kind of stuff).  

But, since you're cooking and eating at home, go crazy.  It's a lot cheaper to buy the ingredients yourself, instead of buying the dish at a restaurant. If you need help adulting, here is a delicious spaghetti and meatball recipe. 

Cost: 

Box of Spaghetti: $2.00                                                                       Jar of Tomato Sauce: $2.00                                                                                                                                      Ground Beef: $2.78

Total Dinner Cost: $6.78

Dessert 

sweet, ginger, butter, cookie
Isabelle Langheim

No meal is complete without dessert. Heart shaped cookies are a fun and festive way to get into the Valentine's Day spirit. Hopefully, your date will be as sweet as these cookies are.

Cost:      

Sugar Cookie Dough: $1.00                                                                            Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter: $1.07

Total Dessert Cost: $2.07

Table Setting

The perfect Valentine's Day date needs a table setting that even Cupid would approve of. Just like the rest of the date, the table setting can be cheap and simple, but still be of high quality. Love might not have a price tag, but fancy table cloths do.  

Cost: 

Flower centerpiece: $6.99                                                                   Rose Candles: $4.49

Total Table Setting Cost: $11.48

Gift

milk chocolate, sweet, milk, truffle, candy, chocolate
Ellen Gibbs

Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.  Except, you do know that you're going to get a box of chocolates because it's a very common Valentine's Day gift. Name me someone who wouldn't want candy as a present (I'll wait). Flowers die, but candy is forever.  

Cost:

M&M Heart Box of Chocolates: $2.70

Total Cost of Gift: $2.70

Total Cost of Date: $23.03

Being alone on Valentine's Day isn't the only way to make the holiday (almost) priceless.  A home cooked meal can be just as romantic as a fancy restaurant meal. So, when February 14th rolls around, remember a Valentine's Day date doesn't have to break the bank.