Football season is roughly six months long, and with that comes six months of tailgating—that's a lot of burgers, wings and beer! Unless, that is, you switch things up and enjoy a healthier tailgate filled with nutritious food that will keep you feeling energized, even by the end of the game. Check out these healthy game day snacks (all under 300 calories) from Trader Joe's. 

#SpoonTip: A low calorie count doesn't necessarily make something healthy, but these snacks also include wholesome, natural ingredients that will fuel your body for a long day of football. 

1. Quinoa Cowboy Veggie Burger

Catherine Drinker

This veggie burger is the perfect substitute for a beef burger that won't leave you feeling bloated all day long! TJ’s veggie burger is unlike any other veggie burger I’ve tried. It’s filled with spices and a handful of hardy ingredients to give it a lasting taste. Usually burger substitutes tend to be bland so I was excited when I found this flavor packed burger! To pack it up for a tailgate, just defrost the burger's at home and heat them up on the stove. At your tailgate they can be eaten at room temp or heated on a grill if your tailgate set up is legit. 

2. Smooth and Creamy Classic Hummus & Just Beets Chips

Healthy game day snacks are hard to come by, but this is the perfect alternative to your typical game day chips and dip. While I love chips and dips, it can leave you feeling sick if you get your hands on too many (which we are all guilty of). This is a light, protein-filled substitute. The chips have a great crunch and they are just like the classic potato chips we are all used to but, good for you!

3. Gluten Free Mac & Cheese

OK, this is a must eat! There is nothing better than warm mac and cheese on a windy fall game day. It is the best comfort food and brings me back to my childhood. This TJ’s mac and cheese option is gluten free, so it’s made with rice flour pasta, but honestly you would never know if I didn’t tell you (so shh). It pairs perfectly on the side of a burger or hot dog and tastes delicious both cold or heated up! Having a little side of carbohydrates always gives me the extra boost I need on game days. 

4. Organic, Unsalted, White Corn Tortilla Chips & Reduced-Guilt Chunky Guacamole

Chips and guac is my favorite snack and Trader Joe’s knows exactly how to take it to the next, healthy, level. Their guacamole is pure genius. It's made with Greek yogurt which gives it a creamy taste. While the chips are not the most nutritious option out there, I love anything with natural, organic ingredients and not to mention they taste way too good to turn down.

5. Mexican Style Corn & Quinoa Salad

Corn, Cabbage, Quinoa, oh my! This salad is packed with the best, healthy ingredients and the roasted poblano citrus dressing is to die for. It’s got a spicy kick and Mexican is one of everyone’s favorites for a game day snack.

6. Cheese Pizza With a Cauliflower Crust

This. Pizza. Is. Unreal. It is not only just what we all want in a pizza but, it is so easy to make. It is one of TJ’s frozen products so you can have it in the freezer all football season if you want! Once you’re ready for it, all you have to do is pop it in the oven and you’re done! Wrap it up in some tin foil and take it to the field for a tailgate. It also tastes amazing cold! My secret pro-tip: Add chicken, sausage, or veggies on top for some extra flavor.

7. Zucchini Fries

I’m a huge fry girl, isn't everybody? I love them all: Curly fries, sweet potato fries, truffle fries… the list goes on, and Trader Joe's zucchini fries do not disappoint. They’re crispy on the outside and tender in the middle. Like I mentioned before, I love anything with a good dip and that’s why I love these so much. They are super easy to make. All you have to do is pop them in the oven and they pair perfectly with so many sauces (sriracha ranch or sriracha mayo are my go-tos).

8. Organic Popcorn with Olive Oil

Little snacky, finger foods are ideal on game day. So, I had to throw popcorn in. Who doesn’t love to sit in front of the TV with a bowl of popcorn? These are perfect for sharing with your game day squad (only those rooting for the same team as you though)!

9. Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli Pasta

Trader Joe's Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli Pasta can turn your classic, yet heavy pasta salad, into something you can feel good about eating! Take your family recipe and replace the normal noodles with this healthy, fiber-full alternative. This yummy substitute to our classic, starchy noodles helps make healthy game day snacks fun to eat.

10. Wine Country Chicken Salad with Cranberries and Pecans

I know this one looks a little different, but it is just so versatile! It’s perfect on a piece of toast, in a sandwich, on top of a salad, or with crackers. The fresh, white meat chicken, crunchy celery, and sweet cranberries are the perfect combination.

Trader Joe's is my go-to place for snacks in general, but when it comes to game day, they have a ton to offer! They have something for everyone and can help take your game day viewing party or tailgate to the next level. Plus, everything's so easy to make (but your guests will never know).