Since the weather has been in the 90s over the past week, I've been craving more ice cream than ever. Not only is it cool and refreshing, but it tastes good and is one of those summertime foods that I can't get enough of. Dax Shepard has partnered with Planet Oat to help add more fun to your summer with a free activity kit and recipes. Perfect for a socially distant picnic or pool side hangout, Planet Oat and Dax Shepard have you covered. 

Dax Shepard X Planet Oat Fun Summer Kit

Matt Sayles, Associated Press

Planet Oat and Dax Shepard have created a fun summer kit perfect for a socially distant ice cream party or picnic, and guess what?! It's free! You heard that right. Fans can order this free kit online and have it delivered straight to their doorstep. 

What's in the kit? Well, you see, the kit includes: 

-Coupons for free cartons of Planet Oat Oatmilk and the new non-dairy Frozen Desserts, made with oatmilk

-5-foot round picnic blanket/towel

-Planet Oat frisbee

-Planet Oat collapsible cooler

-Sundae supplies: scooper, bowls, napkins, spoons and topping such as sprinkles

Recipes From Dax Shepard

1. Banana Split Frozen Dessert Cake

Debbie Wee, courtesy of Planet Oat

Time: 45 minutes, plus chilling/freezing overnight

Serves: 6-8

-1 pint Planet Oat Cookies and Crème Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert

-1 pint Planet Oat Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert

-2 ½ small bananas sliced

-15 chocolate crème sandwich cookies

-½ small banana diced

Assembly:

-¾ cup of chocolate chips

-1 tablespoon of coconut oil

-Dairy-free whipped topping

-Suggested Toppings – sprinkles, nuts, granola, cacao nibs, Maraschino cherries

Instructions:

1. Remove the 2 pints of Planet Oat Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert from the freezer and allow them to soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes.

2. Line an 8x5 loaf pan or a tall 6 inch cake pan (3-4 inches tall) with plastic wrap or parchment paper.

3. Scoop out one whole pint of the Planet Oat Cookies and Crème into the plastic lined pan and smooth it out with a spoon or spatula so that it is a flat even layer.

4. Add a single layer of sliced bananas on top of the Planet Oat Cookies and Crème. Scoop out the Planet Oat Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl on top of the arranged bananas and carefully smooth it over in a flat even layer. Add another single layer of sliced bananas on top of the Planet Oat Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl.

5. Place the pan in the freezer to set.

6. In a food processor, add 15 chocolate crème sandwich cookies and blend until you have small crumbs. Add ½ small banana diced and pulse until the mixture comes together. Set aside the chocolate cookie mixture.

7. After the pan has set for 1 hour, add the chocolate cookie mixture over the banana slices and smooth it over in a flat even layer. Return the pan to the freezer to set overnight.

8. When you are ready to decorate your cake, prepare the chocolate shell drizzle before you remove the pan from the freezer.

9. To make the chocolate shell drizzle, add ¾ cup chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to a small bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments stirring occasionally until fully melted.

10. Remove the pan from the freezer and flip it over onto your serving plate so that the cookie mixture is on the bottom.

11. Remove the plastic wrap or parchment from the cake. Drizzle the warm chocolate shell mixture over the frozen dessert working quickly as the chocolate will set fast.

12. Add dollops of dairy-free whipped cream and any additional toppings. Return the cake to the freezer if you do not plan to serve it right away.

2. Oat Crusted Chicken Tenders with Oatmilk Ranch Dipping Sauce

Debbie Wee, courtesy of Planet Oat

Time: 40 minutes

Serves: 2-3

-For the Chicken Tenders:

-1 ⅓ cup of quick oats, divided

-1 lb of chicken tenderloins

-½ cup of Planet Oat® Extra Creamy Oatmilk

-½ tablespoons cider vinegar

-¾ teaspoon garlic powder, divided

-¾ teaspoon salt, divided

-Vegetable or canola oil for frying (or oil spray if using the Air Fryer)

For the Ranch Sauce:

-¼ cup vegan mayo

-1 tablespoon Planet Oat® Extra Creamy Oatmilk

-½ teaspoon garlic powder

-1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley and dill

-Dash of paprika

-Salt and pepper to taste

Instructions:

1. In a medium container or a sealable plastic bag, combine ½ cup Planet Oat Extra Creamy, ½ tablespoon cider vinegar, ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, ¼ teaspoon salt and stir together.

2. Add 1 lb chicken tenderloins and combine so that all the pieces are coated in the oatmilk mixture. Cover the container or seal bag and refrigerate for 2 hours overnight.

3. In a food processor, add 1 cup of quick oats and blend until you have a powder. Add 1/3 cup of the unprocessed quick oats, ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder, and ½ teaspoon of salt and pulse the mixture until just combined. Transfer to a shallow dish.

4. When you are ready to cook the chicken tenders, fill a skillet or medium pan with 2 inches of oil and heat to 375 degrees F.

5. Working one at a time, dredge the chicken tender in oat crust mixture until completely coated. Set aside until you are ready to fry.

6. Carefully add 3-4 tenders to the oil and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until golden on the outside and no longer pink on the inside.

Air Fryer Method:

1. Preheat Air Fryer at 380 degrees F for 3 minutes.

2. Spray each dredged chicken tender on all sides with an even coating of cooking oil.

3. Arrange tenders in the basket so that they do not overlap. Bake for 12-15 minutes (depending on the size of your tenders) or until golden.

For the Ranch dipping sauce, in a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together until well combined and serve with your oat crusted chicken tenders.

3. Creamy Oatmilk Pesto Zucchini Flatbread

Debbie Wee, courtesy of Planet Oat

Time: 50 minutes

Serves: 2

For the Flatbread:

-1 ½ cups all purpose flour

-1 ½ teaspoons baking powder

-¾ teaspoon salt

-2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon for brushing

-½ cup of Planet Oat® Original or Extra Creamy Oatmilk

For the Pesto:

-2 cups fresh basil leaves

-⅓ cup olive oil

-⅓ cup pepitas

-3 tablespoons of Planet Oat® Original or Extra Creamy Oatmilk

-2 garlic cloves, minced

-Salt and pepper to taste

Assembly:

-1 small zucchini sliced thinly

- 1 small yellow squash sliced thinly

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt and whisk together until blended. Add olive oil and Planet Oat Oatmilk and stir until the dough comes together.

3. Form the dough into a ball, cover, and let it rest for 10 minutes before rolling.

4. On a floured surface, roll the dough out to ¼ inch thickness. Carefully transfer the rolled dough to a parchment lined baking sheet.

5. Brush on 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of dough before putting it in the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes.

6. In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the creamy pesto and blend until smooth.

7. Spread 3-4 tablespoons of creamy pesto on top of the baked flatbread. Return the pan the oven for 12-15 more minutes or until crust is golden brown.

8. Arrange zucchini and yellow squash slices on top of the pesto.

9. Return the pan to the oven for 12-15 more minutes or until crust is golden brown.

10. Remove flatbread from the oven and garnish with baby arugula.

nal creamy pesto on top before slicing and serving.