Take one look around any grocery store and you can already see it: Valentine's Day fare as far as the eye can see. Some people can't wait for all things red and pink to show up on store shelves.

Other people aren't quite feeling the love for February's most well-known holiday. And whether that's because an ex has done you wrong, you're jaded about being single, or if those Sweetheart candies give you a stomachache, you need some alternate plans for February 14.  

One of my favorite treats in both my single and dating life is frosting, sometimes straight from the jar. Anyone who knows me, realizes that this is no surprise–I can't eat a cupcake any other way than the "frosting first" method.

But, frosting isn't always great for you...unless you find the right brand. Here are eight brands of frosting you can eat from the jar on Valentine's Day. And I promise, you don't have to share with anyone.

1. Betty Crocker Whipped Frostings

One of the most famous names in baking takes the first spot on this list. For a two tablespoon serving of Betty Crocker's whipped frostings, you're only taking in 110 calories and six grams of fat.

Plus, there are eight different flavors to choose from–even a cream cheese version if you're a red velvet cake fanatic! And the best part is, these frostings are gluten free!

2. Pillsbury Purely Simple Buttercream Frosting

Yes, you can have this frosting without earning the trademark belly of the Pillsbury Doughboy. Pillsbury wasn't kidding when they said that this frosting was simple because there's only three ingredients: sugar, corn starch, and buttermilk.

This frosting is kosher and gluten-free–oh, and did I mention that a full serving of this frosting is ninety calories and fat free? So, you could have three-fifths of a Reese's heart, or a full serving of frosting for less calories. (Hint: I'd choose the frosting)

3. Duncan Hines Whipped Frosting

Whipped frostings from Duncan Hines set you back about 140 calories per serving, which is a bit higher than the past two entries on this list. But, don't let the calorie count scare you away!

Each serving of Duncan Hines Whipped Frosting contains three tablespoons rather than the traditional two tablespoon serving. So, you're getting more frosting for less calories!

This is definitely one of the more indulgent frostings on this list (I'd try the chocolate!), but it'll fill the hole in your heart left behind by the discontinuation of Duncan Hine's "Frosting Creations" line.

4. Trader Joe's Frosting Mix

Okay, so you can't technically eat this one from a jar because it's a boxed mix, but if you're not willing to put a little extra work into your frosting, then this list isn't for you.

You can find all sorts of people at Trader Joe's, including frosting addicts. And the addicts who come to Trader Joe's are certainly rewarded.

The boxed mixes come in chocolate and vanilla flavors, which boast 90 and 100 calories respectively per serving. Additionally, each flavor only has half a gram of fat per serving!  So, if you're already into the organic, earthy-crunchy vibe at Trader Joe's, I take full responsibility for furthering your addiction to the grocery chain!

5. Wholesome! Organic Vanilla Frosting

So far in this list, Wholesome! is the first brand that I've come across that meets most, if not all, of the most common dietary restrictions. This frosting is organic, kosher, and naturally vegan and gluten free (check out more gluten free and vegan baking hacks here).

Also, there are no artificial colors and no high fructose corn syrup anywhere in Wholesome!'s line of frostings. This frosting is perfect for making treats for any friends with restrictive diets. And, if the flavor doesn't impress your friends, then at least the packaging is pretty darn cute, am I right?

6. Dollop Gourmet Frostings

Okay, just kidding, these might be the most dietary restriction friendly frostings I've found. Dollop Gourmet frostings are not only organic and non-GMO, but they are dairy free, gluten free, vegan, and soy free. And apart from just dietary goodness, these frostings are also Rainforest Alliance certified!

The frostings come in four flavors: Hot Chocolate, Madagascar Vanilla, Sea Salt Caramel, and Peanut Butter Cookie Dough, all which boast that they have half the sugar as other commercial brands.

And, for only being available for a short time, this frosting brand has had major success. Not only was Dollop Gourmet featured on "Shark Tank," but at the beginning of 2016, the brand began to be sold in Whole Foods retailers across the country. Sweet indeed!

7. Simple Mills Frostings

Do you ever feel like you need a magnifying glass to read all of the ingredients on the back of a can of frosting? At Spoon, we're all about simplicity when it comes to recipes–check out these 3-ingredient Nutella brownies for reference!

With that said, if you're all about more taste for fewer ingredients, Simple Mills is the brand for you. Their frostings, available in chocolate and vanilla, each only have 8 simple ingredients, all of which are easy to pronounce.

What makes these frostings really interesting though is the fact that most of the sugar and carbs that you would find in a traditional frosting is eliminated by the use of monk fruit. With this melon, Simple Mills has created a frosting with only 16 mg of sodium, 7 grams of sugar, and 9 grams of carbs, so it's basically a health food.

8. Cherrybrook Kitchen Ready to Spread Frostings

Three words: Fat. Free. Frosting. I know it sounds too good to be true, but both the chocolate and vanilla versions of Cherrybrook Kitchen's ready to spread frostings have 0 grams of fat per serving.

There's no magic or sorcery used to create such a health friendly frosting brand, just a mission to "provide delicious all natural baking mixes for the millions of people that are affected by food allergies."

The frostings made by Cherrybrook Kitchen are free of eggs, dairy, and gluten, and are even made in a peanut/tree nut-free facility. That way, you can ensure that you or your favorite foodie can enjoy this frosting allergy-free! Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go spend my entire paycheck on this frosting before word gets out about it...

Let's be honest, frosting will never be able to replace the nutritional value of a fruit or a vegetable. But sometimes, you don't want "healthy ways to satisfy your sweet tooth." Every once in a while, you need a real treat as sickly sweet as this holiday season.

So, with the brands on this list, you can still have your own special treat on Valentine's Day without any heartbreak! Besides, frosting never forgets to text you back.