Spoon University Logo

If you’re not an interior designer at heart, it can be pretty hard to decorate a new space that meets your ideal vision. Whether it’s your bedroom, bathroom, kitchen or living room, you have to remind yourself to trust the process when finding the perfect decor. You might ask yourself: What colors do I want? What should I put on the walls? Wouldn’t that strawberry stool look great in my living room? Yes, you read that correctly, strawberry stool. Across social media, food inspired home decor has taken over the summer. With stores like Marshalls, TJMaxx, and Urban Outfitters putting scrumptious stools and snack inspired furnishing on their shelves, it’s safe to say that no one can resist adding these pieces to their daily lives for a new unique element. If you’re looking to spice up some of your favorite spaces, we’ve compiled a list filled with an assortment of delectable trendy home decor that’ll take your home to the next level.

Farfalle Pasta Rug, $32

This first piece of home decor will have you “farfallen” for a new rug. Shaped like the perfect pasta, this farfalle rug from the online store ban.do is the perfect piece to tie a room together. In the perfect bright yellow shade and fluffy material, each step on it will bring you closer to craving a heaping bowl of butter pasta. Personally, I love to eat pasta, so why not decorate with it too?

Strawberry Vase, $21

With summer being peak strawberry season, these ceramic vases are the perfect accent piece to highlight this fan-favorite fruit. This stack of fresh strawberries from Punk & Poodle is the perfect pop of color for any room, and its bright red will complement any flowers that it holds. Whether you decide to go for the smaller batch or the large strawberry vase, it will add the perfect amount of sweetness to any shelf or table in your space.

Disco Cherries, price varies

Personally, I think cherries were made even more famous after they were blinged out on Harry Styles’s Coachella outfit, but this piece of decor might be even more sparkly. Etsy, home to the most unique handmade items, is also home to these disco cherries that might be the grooviest things you’ve laid eyes on. With the options of classic cherry red or light pink, these disco fruits from SunSprinklesShop are one of a kind and a necessity for a dazzling decorating job.  While $99 is a bit on the pricier side for these handmade goodies, Amazon has these polished cherries for as low as $23. 

Martini Mirror, $39

With this martini-shaped mirror, Urban Outfitters is helping you turn any hour into a happy hour. Shaped into the perfect glass with an olive accent, this sleek design curates a simple yet stylish look. Whether it’s the focal point on your wall, or set on top of a vanity or table, this mirror will add a new level of chic to any space in your home.

Hamburger Stool, $245

Hamburger’s might just be my favorite food, and I think Urban Outfitters might’ve found the perfect piece for burger lovers everywhere. This giant hamburger stool can even serve as a footrest or table and is detailed to perfection. With painted sesame seeds, bright green lettuce, and layers of tomato and cheese, this masterpiece is the perfect addition to your indoor or outdoor spaces. Just think, wouldn’t life-size burgers be the perfect way to impress your friends at a backyard BBQ?

Orange Key Holder, $65

I don’t know about you, but in my house, my family’s key holder is a prized possession for organization. With this piece of wall decor from Jubi, you’ll stop yourself from losing your keys and look cute doing it. In the shape of a blood orange and painted with bright hues of red and orange, this piece adds a perfect pop of color to any boring space. Whether it’s mounted in the kitchen, or placed on your way out the door, this will add the perfect hint of citrus, especially in the summer. Don’t be afraid to use it for dog leashes, jewelry pieces, and more.

Strawberry Stool, $229

If you’re going with a strawberry theme this summer, don’t forget to check out Wayfair for this iconic piece. Social media users everywhere were on the hunt for this stool after it went viral on TikTok retailing at Marshalls, but many were disappointed when they couldn’t find it in store. But now with Wayfair, you can bring home this cute piece to add a focal point to any room, and a pop of color for any time of year. (This would also match perfectly with those strawberry vases by the way!)

Olive Cocktail Pillows, $60

If you’re a martini fan, then there is absolutely no way you can pass up on these pillows from Etsy. A green fleece outside, with a bright red center, these olive pillows are the perfect piece to draw the attention of all your guests. They’re handmade and trendy, and would definitely look perfect on your couch. Plus, who wouldn’t want to snuggle up with an olive while watching an episode of their favorite TV show?

Ramen Fridge Magnets, $12

Of course, Amazon made its way on this list with the cutest magnets I think I’ve ever seen. These ramen-shaped fridge magnets are doused in detail to showcase delicious ramen and all its toppings. A fresh bowl of noodles filled with broth, corn, onions, and lettuce is stuffed into a little magnet that is just too cute to resist. I mean, who knew hanging pictures on your fridge could be this fun? 

Iced Latte Candle, $31

While coffee is one of my favorite flavors, it’s also one of my favorite smells. With these iced latte candles, your home will be filled with the aromas of your favorite drink. These handcrafted candles from KandleArtisan on Etsy contain lifelike ice cubes made out of soy and gel wax, mixed into what looks like a real-life blend of espresso and milk. Coffee is amazing to smell all year round, so whether you want to light this up while cozying up on your couch in the fall, or prefer it poolside, get your hands on these fast. 

Salt and Pepper Shakers, $13

With these Walmart salt and pepper shakers, it’ll be like you’re bringing hibachi right to your home. These ceramic shakers are placed side by side to look like two lobster tail rolls. Hand-painted with soft red and orange hues on top of sticky rice, this decoration will be the perfect addition to your table whether it’s at a backyard BBQ, summer picnic, or dinner. 

Vegetable Drawer Knobs, $6

To keep this farmers market theme going, Etsy is delivering once again with its handmade home decor. Doubling as fashionable and practical, these veggie drawer knobs add playfulness to any piece of furniture. Whether it’s in a bathroom, bedroom or even the kitchen, these knobs come in an assortment of fruits and vegetables unique with their own pop of color. Why go with plain steel options when you can have the option of a tomato, strawberry, or maybe even some corn on the cob? 

Lunchables coasters, $50

If you’re looking to add an element of nostalgia to your home, then these Lunchables-inspired coasters are the way to go. Right from Etsy and shaped like the classic “cracker stackers,” these coasters will protect your furniture while keeping it cute at the same time. With hand-crafted crackers, cheese, and ham these coasters make for the perfect touch of liveliness that will make you feel like a kid all over again.

Juliana is a writer for Spoon University's National Writers Program. She reports on all things food and any new foodie trends circulating social media.Before joining SpoonHQ Juliana was a staff writer for her university's student-run newspaper, the Suffolk Journal, when she was attending Suffolk University in the heart of Boston. She wrote a variety of articles that covered Arts, campus life, student clubs, and News. She is going to be a junior at Endicott College in the fall with a major in Journalism.Juliana loves going on walks, working out, hanging out with family and friends, and watching her favorite TV shows in her spare time. Some of her favorite foods come from recipes rooted in her family's Portuguese culture.https://www.linkedin.com/in/juliana-pinto-a88452266/