Spoon University Logo
strawberryrecipes
strawberryrecipes
Lifestyle

The Best Strawberry Season Recipes To Try This Summer

Strawberries are finally back in season, and I am so excited to stroll through my local farmer’s market and find some huge, perfectly ruby-red berries. Last year, Hailey Bieber declared it #strawberrygirlsummer, and even though she was talking about makeup, the “strawberry girl aesthetic” is rivaling #cottagecore for the cutest food, fashion, and decor popping up on my FYP. In my family, most gatherings during the summer include traditional strawberry dessert recipes like shortcake or a fruit platter, or maybe garnished in a spinach salad, but I’m ready to up my strawberry recipe game both at home and when I’m hosting, so I’ve compiled a list of the best summer strawberry recipes that will impress all season long.

Strawberry Toast

This sweet avocado toast substitute is perfect for breakfast or a snack, but these would also be a cute addition to your next brunch menu. Using your choice of toast, add cream cheese, then take your washed and sliced strawberries and layer them across the toast. This recipe is great because you can customize it with your favorite toppings like shaved coconut or chia seeds, but creator Brooke Lynn (@brooke_lynnmilne) recommends topping off your toast with a drizzle of honey and a few sliced almonds to make a gorgeous piece of toast. This creamy, crunchy recipe is simple, but it will highlight the quality of the berries while they’re in season. 

5-Minute Strawberry Lemonade

Strawberry Season Recipes

Upgrade your summer pitcher of lemonade with this simple strawberry lemonade. With all the beautiful strawberries that are back in season, all you need is a handful of diced strawberries, four juiced lemons, water, and sugar. This recipe is vegan, has only four ingredients, and is so quick to prepare, I would love to sip on one of these while sitting out on my porch on a hot summer day. 

Strawberry Tart

Another easy but delicious summer treat that is perfect for an aesthetic strawberry season is a fresh strawberry tart. After combining sugar and strawberries to make your homemade filling, all you need is puff pastry and an egg to wash. After sealing the dough and baking, this crispy, warm, and sweet dish is perfect for breakfast or a dessert. Creator @tinasvideodiary even drizzles hers with a sweet glaze, but you could also use whipped cream or honey. Who needs Pop-Tarts when you can make this easy recipe yourself at home?

Strawberry Daiquiri Smoothie

Strawberry Season Recipes
Rachel Morrison

The strawberry daiquiri smoothie is the perfect mocktail recipe for strawberry season. Using fresh strawberries and citrus flavors, this recipe would look gorgeous at your next summer pool party. Mocktails are becoming more and more popular and many people want to be able to offer their guests non-alcoholic options or just prefer them themselves, and this recipe is a fruity and refreshing option for your summer mocktail line-up. 

Rhubarb Strawberry Pie

Strawberry Season Recipes chocolate blueberry pie
Julia Gilman

A classic recipe I remember from summer barbecues when I was younger is rhubarb strawberry pie, and I found this amazing recipe by writer Monica Lazarus. This recipe combines spring and summer produce, but the sweetness of the fresh strawberries is the true star of this dish. I think the use of lemon juice in the strawberry rhubarb filling tones down the earthiness of the rhubarb, and of course, strawberry and lemon are a classic combo for summer flavors.

Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread

For a more savory recipe, strawberry flatbread is a great option for those who enjoy the combination of strawberry and balsamic but want something more substantial than a salad. This recipe would be perfect on the grill at your next cookout, or just to enjoy yourself with your favorite strawberry summer beverage. For this recipe, you’ll use fresh strawberries, ricotta, mozzarella, and caramelized onion, and creator @choosing_balance on Instagram recommends garnishing with balsamic glaze and fresh basil, this recipe is balanced and offers some of the best flavors of summer.

Strawberry Chia Jam

Strawberry Season Recipes
Aishwarya Sabharwal

This easy four-ingredient strawberry chia jam comes from Spoon University writer Aishwarya Sabharwal and is another simple but delicious condiment that you can make all by yourself at home! This jam is much healthier with fewer preservatives than store-bought jams, using only fresh strawberries, lemon juice, honey, and chia seeds. You can use this jam in any way you’d like, from just a spread on your toast in the morning, to a spoonful over some vanilla ice cream.

Iced Strawberry Matcha

This recipe is an easy way to incorporate fresh strawberries into your morning matcha. By muddling fresh strawberries with agave syrup, and then laying them in a glass with your choice of milk and topping off with your matcha mixture. This recipe uses a fresh berry mixture instead of a store-bought strawberry sauce, and I would recommend using milk like coconut milk to make this refreshing summer treat. We recommend serving this beverage in a clear glass so you can see the colorful layers of matcha and strawberry mixture, shown here in @Lovedaci’s video on TikTok.  

Strawberry Swirl Brownies

Strawberry Season Recipes
Carina Dahmani

A more decadent strawberry dessert to try is these strawberry swirl brownies from Spoon University writer Carina Dahmani. These indulgent brownies use regular brownie mix, so you can choose your favorite brand or brownie flavor to customize your own. Once your brownie batter is prepared, add a bit of orange zest to infuse it with more summer flavor, and all that’s left is to add the homemade strawberry cream cheese layer, swirl the batter to create the gorgeous strawberry swirl, and bake!

Strawberry Sago

I have never had an opportunity to try sago, but this strawberry recipe looks like the perfect way to beat the summer heat while making fresh strawberries the star of the dish. This home cafe recipe is made by combining strawberry jello, nata de coco (sometimes called coconut gel), fresh strawberries, boba, and sago pearls, then strawberry puree, evaporated and condensed milk, and of course, your aesthetic ice cubes like the ones used by @Feedmeimei on TikTok. Then just a final stir to bring all the components together! Imagine how excited your guests will be seeing a large bowl of fresh strawberry sago at your next summer get-together, or just enjoy a huge, refreshing bowl all by yourself!  

Strawberry Apricot Tart

Strawberry Season Recipes
Stephanie Lee

Another tart recipe on this list that utilizes fresh seasonal strawberries is a recipe from Spoon University writer Stephanie Lee. These strawberry apricot tarts are made with canned apricots (but you could substitute with fresh if you prefer) and fresh quartered strawberries. You’ll take puff pastry, add both strawberry and apricot preserves, then place the fruit in alternating order over the preserves. After baking, you can finish these tarts off with some powdered sugar or whipped cream for a sweet and fresh summer treat. 

Strawberry Tiramisu

A summer twist on a classic tiramisu, this beautiful and colorful dessert is a perfect addition to any table this summer. After creating your homemade strawberry sauce using fresh strawberries, lemon juice, sugar, and water, you can begin your mascarpone cream filling. Then, dip your ladyfingers in the strawberry puree, and begin layering your mascarpone filling and strawberry sauce. Creator @lifewithtuyen on TikTok top their’s off with a dusting of dried strawberry powder, but you could use a more traditional topping of cocoa powder, or change it up and try using matcha!

Strawberry Burrata Salad

This salad recipe is full of fresh summer produce and an elevated version of more traditional strawberry summer salad. Starting with a base layer of arugula, followed by balsamic marinated strawberries, creamy burrata, some pickled red onion, and finally finishing with a drizzle of olive oil & balsamic glaze, a pinch of flaky salt and pepper, chopped pistachios. User @Crowded_kitchen makes theirs with a garnish of fresh mint, but you could also use basil if you prefer. This dish is a colorful, vibrant, and another great sweet and savory option to your summer menu. I also love the earthy flavors that come from the arugula and the bite of pickled red onion. 

My name is Kaitlin and I am working on my bachelor's degree in Mass Communications and Media Studies at ASU. I have been a career barista for most of my life, but I am looking to change fields and embrace my passion for food media! I am excited to work with others who share my love for food culture, and I can't wait to learn more about food content writing!