In college, and life, sometimes it can be hard to find the time and energy to make a full-blown meal. Whether you live in a dorm and only have a few dishes and a microwave, or live in an apartment and have plenty of dishes, these mug recipes are the perfect solution. With these recipes, you could have everything from breakfast to dessert in a mug. 

Omelette

scrambled, egg, bacon, omelette, cheese, omelet, vegetable
Audrey Jones

-2 eggs

-Spinach

-Handful of cheese

-Veggies/meats of choice 

-Salt and pepper to taste

Spray your mug with cooking spray. Scramble eggs, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and mix in any fixings you’d like. My favorites are spinach, tomato, onion, and cheese. Microwave for a minute and a half, or until egg is cooked.

Blueberry MUG-ffin

sweet, chocolate, cookie, goody, cake, pastry, oatmeal cookie, blueberry muffin
Katherine Baker

-1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

-2 tablespoons sugar

-1/4 teaspoon baking powder

-1/4 cup milk, at room temperature

-2 tablespoons salted butter, melted and cooled

-1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

-1/4 cup fresh blueberries

In a small bowl, whisk dry ingredients together, then mix in wet ingredients. Stir in blueberries and transfer to mug. Microwave immediately for 1½ to 2 minutes. Let cool before enjoying.

Banana French Toast

french toast, toast, sweet, pastry, cake, syrup, jam, honey, bread, chocolate, cream, butter
Christin Urso

-2-3 slices of bread, cubed

-1/2 ripe banana, mashed

-1/4 cup milk

-1/2 tsp vanilla

-1/2 tsp cinnamon

-Maple syrup and/or powdered sugar to top if desired

Grease a mug, and fill to top with cubed bread. In a small bowl, whisk all other ingredients together. Pour over bread, making sure liquid gets to the bottom. Microwave for 1 minute or until cooked.

Mac n Cheese

Medford, Cheesesteak, lunch, Dinner, white bowls, potatoes, onion rings, creole, bacon, blue cheese, buffalo, cheesey, Pop Shop, sampler, cheese, macaroni, Mac And Cheese
Katie Kasperson

-1/3 cup elbow noodles

-1/2 cup water

-1/4 cup milk

-1/2 cup your choice of cheese

Microwave water and noodles for 4 minutes, stirring every 1 minute, until water is completely evaporated and noodles are soft. Stir in milk and cheese. Microwave 30-60 seconds, stir, and enjoy!

Burrito

corn, corn salad
Olivia Clifton

-1/3 cup cooked white/brown rice

-3 tbsp black beans, drained and rinsed

-3 tbsp salsa

-2 tbsp cheese

-Tortilla chips

Combine ingredients in mug. Stir together and microwave for one minute. Use tortilla chips to scoop burrito mixture, or crumble chips and sprinkle on top.

Ramen Noodle Soup

soup, noodle, chicken, broth, vegetable, ramen, carrot
Kamila Gabitova

-Ramen noodles, 1/4 to 1/2 package

-1 cup chicken stock (or chicken flavor packet and water)

-2 tbsp frozen vegetables

-2 tsp soy sauce

-1/2 tsp chili sauce

-1 tbsp sliced green onions

Break up ramen noodles so they can fit in the mug. Combine everything in a large mug, and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until the noodles are tender. You can easily mix up the flavors of this recipe to make it the way you like!

Brownie

chocolate, brownie, ice, cream
Davi Lennon

-1/4 cup flour

-1/4 cup brown sugar

-2 tbsp cocoa powder

-2 tbsp melted butter

-1/4 cup milk

-Chocolate chips, peanut butter, etc. if desired

Mix flour, brown sugar, and cocoa powder. Stir in melted butter and milk, mixing until blended. Add optional fixings and microwave 30-60 seconds to your liking.

Sugar Cookie

sweet, cookie, cake, pastry, bread, candy

-1 tbsp butter

-2 tbsp sugar

-Pinch of salt

-1 egg yolk

-3 tbsp flour

-Sprinkles

Melt butter in the mug, about 15-20 seconds. Add sugar and stir to combine. Thoroughly mix in egg yolks. Stir in flour, salt, and sprinkles, then add some sprinkles on top. Microwave 45 seconds or until cooked through. 

Note

All microwaves vary. If your recipe is not cooked all the way, continue heating in 15 second increments. Enjoy!