At some point in our lives, we've all been told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately, it's pretty difficult to make a consistently delicious and healthy breakfast while balancing the busy schedule, and limited budget, that comes with being a university student. Thankfully, that essential meal that we skip a bit too often can be made much easier, and much tastier thanks to these recipes:

1. Raspberry Banana Pancakes.

Most people think of pancakes as one of the more unhealthy options when it comes to breakfast, but this alternative is flour-free and only contains between 325-375 calories!

The essential ingredients are an egg and a banana, and then add whatever fillings or toppings you want! Raspberries and maple syrup are always a good choice, but other fruits, oats, and chocolate chips are delicious as well! 

Mash the ingredients together in a bowl and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side. The mixture should make between 4 and 5 pancakes depending on how big you make them. 

syrup, pancake, raspberry, sweet, berry, pastry, cake
Channing Cook

2. Overnight Oats.

This is one of my favorite options because it's so easy, can be made a million different ways, and is ready to grab-and-go in the morning. The two essential ingredients are oats (obviously) and some type of milk. 

The rest depends on how you want to flavor it! Adding cinnamon, turmeric, and a dollop of coconut yogurt is a great way to make a super easy and nutritional breakfast. This is especially great if you're still on that new year health kick, and if you dont want to use brown sugar, sweeten with either honey or maple syrup!

sweet, milk, cream, strawberry, pudding, berry, yogurt, dairy
Channing Cook

3. Avocado and Fried Egg Salad

I highly recommend opting for this recipe after a night out to cure a hangover. It's full of so many essential nutrients that will get you up and running much more quickly. You'll need however many eggs you want, a sliced avocado, spinach, and whatever seasoning you crave in the am.

Frying the eggs in coconut oil makes the "fried" portion of this breakfast a little bit less unhealthy, as it is a more stable oil than olive oil. Plus, it also melts at a lower heat so the eggs cook faster and you aren't in a rush.

egg, avocado, spinach, bacon, fried egg
Channing Cook

4. Toast with Almond Butter and Peaches

This super yummy toast is absolutely delicious and takes almost no time at all to make. All you need is toast, a sliced peach, almond butter (or whatever nut butter is your favorite) and greek yogurt. 

While the bread is toasting, slice up the peach to save time. Then just spread the almond butter, put the peaches on top, drizzle on some yogurt and you're ready to go!

cake, cream
Channing Cook

The best things about these recipes is that they are so simple and can be made in a variety of ways by adding or replacing ingredients with whatever you have in your kitchen at the time. So stop letting breakfast be unhealthy, boring, or completely nonexistent! It's the most important meal of the day, so you may as well make it the best.