Spoon University Logo
national tequila day
national tequila day
Lifestyle

Celebrate National Tequila Day With These Cocktails & Deals

National Tequila Day is less than a week away, and it’s time to celebrate! On July 24, you can enjoy a nice tequila-based beverage in celebration. Whether you prefer a margarita on the rocks, ranch water, or just a straight-up shot of tequila, we’ve got you covered with some delicious cocktail recipes to spice up this special day.

#SpoonTip: Drinking can be fun, but be responsible. Spoon does not promote binge or underage drinking. Stay safe!

But first, some food deals to celebrate.

On Wednesday, July 24, Chuys will serve $1 tequila floaters and $5 top-shelf tequila shots. 

TGI Fridays also has an all-day deal on July 24 for $5 tequila cocktails, including the Cooling Paloma, Dragon Fruit Margarita, and Best Fridays Margarita.

For those looking to try something new on National Tequila Day, Sazerac’s new tequila brand, Mango Shotta, is offering a deal you cannot miss out on. On July 24, tequila lovers can snap a pic of themselves and their empty tequila bottle and upload it here. 724 winners will be selected to receive money on Venmo. This new tequila offers a sweet mango taste with a spice of jalapeño.

Cocktails to make on National Tequila Day

First up is Jordan’s Skinny Spicy Margaritas. If you’re feeling spicy on National Tequila Day, create a delicious, spicy-inspired margarita. Jordan’s Skinny Mixes Skinny Spicy Margarita and Pineapple Jalapeño Margarita are delicious and spicy, a perfect blend with tequila!

If you are looking for a refreshing poolside drink, a watermelon margarita is perfect for you. Watermelon is already the ultimate fruit to snack on all summer but mixed with Tequila Blanco and a jalapeño, it’s the perfect swicy drink. 

A fresh and fruity cocktail will always be the perfect companion for any hot summer day. Blend pineapple, passionfruit, lime, and orange juices with tequila for a tropical twist. The symphony of juices paired with tequila makes this the perfect way to celebrate National Tequila Day.

For sweet cocktail lovers, the Cotton Candy Tequila cocktail is for those who prefer a sweeter taste and a subtle hint of tequila. This drink includes tequila, watermelon pucker, and a splash of blue curaçao. The subtle tequila base and the sweetness of the watermelon pucker make this drink feel like you’re on an island vacation.

What to be a bit on the classier side? Try mixing rosé and tequila! It is a delightful mix of flavors, with the crisp, clean tequila as a vibrant base. This perfect pairing also blends with lime grapefruit juice, and jalapeños to add a little kick.

To continue with the spicy mixture, hot honey is everywhere now, why not add it to your margarita? This margarita blends the sweetness of peaches with a spicy kick. This refreshing and flavorful cocktail is ideal for peach lovers or those who enjoy a little spice. This recipe calls for the delicious Trader Joe’s Peach halves paired with a dash of hot honey and tequila. The combination of fresh, sweet, and tangy elements makes this an amazing choice for any summer party. 

Britney Lavecchia is a writer for the SpoonU National Writers Program. She is also a member and former secretary of Her Campus at George Washington University in Washington, D.C. She has written stories on entertainment, dorm hacks, and fashion.Beyond Her Campus, Britney has interned at ABC 7 in Washington, D.C., where she wrote stories for the station’s website covering local news, events, and lifestyle. She also is a sports news anchor on the GW-TV show Unstoppable. She is a current Junior at GWU, majoring in Journalism and Mass Communications with a minor in Marketing. In her free time, Britney enjoys listening to music, going on walks, and trying new things. She is on the GW cheerleading team and loves all things sports.